Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cliff604 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2007, 11:01 AM
    Sore hip
    Yesterday, out of nowhere, my left hip started to be sore. The soreness is located sort of right where the entrance of the pocket would be on a pair of jeans, slightly towards the side. I have to sort of shift my weight as I walk now as otherwise it aggravates it and that's when I feel anything. If I don't move, there's no soreness.

I am in reasonably good shape, 5'10" 175-180 lbs. 50 years old but look and feel much younger. I don't remember hurting myself, in fact I went out for a run for about 20-25 minutes the day before this started.

What could this be?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 14, 2007, 12:01 PM
    The pain could be a touch of arthritis, anti inflammatories keep it under control and there are some good arthritic meds on the market today over the counter. You age indicates this could be the problem. Your level of fitness has nothing to do with it, I am 65 and dragon boat, work out 3 times a week and walk every day and I haven't escaped having it. You can't let it control you, you have to take control and put the pain behind you.

Keeping every thing going, like running, helps too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sore hip [ 8 Answers ]

Any folk remedies, home cures for a sore hip? It is almost certainly arthritic. I walk a lot and do Tai Chi, but it has definitely gotten sorer over last few weeks. Any ideas/diet suggestions on how to minimize discomfort/stop deterioration/heal? Thanks.

Hip pain [ 6 Answers ]

The past 2 nights, I have woken up with major hip pain in my left hip (the side I sleep on). It feels almost like it's out of it's joint or something. Is this normal? Oh, I'm 8 months along, and my baby has recently dropped, if that helps at all. I see my doctor on Monday, but when ever I tell him...

Downsizing my hip [ 3 Answers ]

I think my hip is very big for my body. I am 24 and that's not good for me. How can I downsize my hip?

Pain in Right Hip [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there I am new to this site and I am looking for help. I am currently experiencing pain in my right, and pins and needles. I am also experiencing sensations in my arms and legs. Thank you for any help provided. Kind regards Kim

Hip Issues [ 2 Answers ]

My 1 1/2 year old Golden Retriever has developed a limp at night after lying down in the past three weeks. She shows no signs of pain and limps only for a few steps. She will stretch and seem to be fine. She does stairs easy and has no problems or hesitance standing on her hind legs to greet...

View more questions Search