Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Clarke Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2007, 10:02 AM
    Telephone color wiring
    I have DSl service and am just putting a line into a room which has no telephone wiring or jacks at all.I have a standard 4 wire modular box with the wire solid colors of - Red, Black, Green and Yellow. The 100 feet of telephone wire I purchased has the following 4 colors - Solid Orange color, solid Blue color, white with orange color and white with blue color. Which color wires do I connect to the 4 wires in the modular box?

Please be extremely simple in your explanation. For instance - tell me which color wire does the white/blue go to, and which color wire does the orange go to. I just have 4 wires to connect to 4 other wires. But which go to which?

Thank you. Clarke Wolfe
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jul 14, 2007, 01:04 PM
    White/blue to Green + Line 1 Voice
    Blue/white to Red -

White/orange to Black + Line 2 Data(DSL)
    Orange/white to Yellow -

White/green
    Green/white

White/brown
    Brown/white

The Green and Brown pair, can be wrapped around cable itself.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Telephone Wiring [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to help someone whose line 2 went dead after they did some rearranging of furniture. The wiring was pretty old, so I replaced it from where it comes into the wall. There is a two-line phone in that room that has both lines working fine. Between where the line comes in and the jack,...

Telephone wiring [ 2 Answers ]

I have a small business. When the owner installed the telephone lines he installed 2 of them. We took the plate off and looked at the wiring within jack and he put 2 strands to each of the 2 jacks. We currently have 2 incoming lines with a 2 line telephone. This works okay. However, we are...

Telephone wiring [ 3 Answers ]

Hi. I hope you'll be able to help me.. I am trying to have a phone at the kitchen and both my bedrooms. When I first moved into the apartment, there was only 1 jack working (bedroom 2), I was able to successfully put the kitchen jack working a month ago. Now, I am trying to work on the bedroom 1...

Wiring not color coded [ 2 Answers ]

Hi. New to site think its great Recently purchased home, built in 1957. I am installing new fixtures in the home and noticed the wiring is not color coded. What I have is 2 black wires and a bare copper . What I'm trying to figure out what is the "white" and "black" . Any help will be...

Telephone Wiring [ 2 Answers ]

There are two numbers currently working in my home. I would like to rewire a jack so it works on the other number. I thought it was an easy task by just switching the wires. However I tried numerous combinations and it still does not work. The jack that I want to switch users other colors...

View more questions Search