Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lizj56 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2007, 08:12 AM
    Retinitis pigmentosa
    I have been diagnosed for retinitis pigmentosa at Northwestern University. I had a Goldmann visual field test that showed my peripheral vision to be not too bad except the lower quadrant. My vision is 20/20, my depth perception is perfect and I am not colored blind. I just had a ERG and exam taken at the Children's Hospital which showed I had flat amplitudes. Why would I have good vision mostly and flat ERG amplitudes. I'm confused. Am I in the late stages of RP or the early? I started seeing my peripheral vision deteriorating around 3 or 4 years ago at the age of 48. Thanks, Liz
    snyders Posts: 20, Reputation: 9

Jul 15, 2007, 04:31 AM
    You should be discussing these concerns with your ophthalmologist during each of your visits. Your pattern of depressed peripheral vision with retained central vision is the common pattern with Retinitis Pigmentosa (RP). Support organizations for RP are among the best in all of medicine. For example, try The Foundation Fighting Blindness for a wealth of information. Also make sure that your children are aware of the implications of this condition to themselves and their children.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search