Ask
    wobbells1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2007, 07:36 AM
    Fan direction
    How do you know what way a fan blade goes on a condenser
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jul 14, 2007, 10:05 AM
    It is usually installed so the air moves out of the top of the unit. The rotation of the motor controls the cw or ccw movement of the shaft. You have to look at the fan blade leading edge facing downward which allows it to scoop the air upwards.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I reverse ceiling fan direction? [ 18 Answers ]

We moved into our home that already had a very nice Hampton Bay ceiling fan installed, but we have no instruction manual... It is a model that has a remote control, with an up light, down light and lo-med-high settings for the fan. However, we have noticed that the way the fan is blowing (counter...

Ceiling Fan Default Rotation Direction [ 8 Answers ]

I have a Hunter ceiling fan w/ remote and wall switch. The default direction is winter mode but I want it to be summer mode. If I only use the remote I set the direction once and then all is well. But if my kids turn off the fan with the wall switch then next time it is turned on I need to reset...

Fan direction reversed by power surge [ 12 Answers ]

I have a condenser fan on an existing Janitrol ckj36-1b condensing unit. The fan seems to have reversed direction, most likely from a power surge. There was a strong electrical storm last night and the fan is now blowing back down through the condenser, rather than drawing the air through the...

Proper direction for ceiling fan to turn [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 17' cathedral ceiling in my living room. The ceiling fan is mounted on an 8' drop rod, so that the blades are actually only 9' above the floor. Which direction should the blades turn in the winter in order to push the warm air back down to the floor? Thanks!

Ceiling Fan Direction [ 2 Answers ]

Which way should a ceiling fan turn for heating season, clockwise or counter-clockwise?

View more questions Search