Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MAxelectric Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2007, 01:38 AM
    Power Distribution Units & Remote Power Panel
    What is the basic functionality of these equipment ? What is differnce between PDU & RPP.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Jul 14, 2007, 05:49 AM
    The names can be somewhat self describing.

A PDU typically is a large cabinet which can contain a 480 volt to 120/208 volt transformer, along with several branch circuit panelboards, and are used in large computer server room facilities. Some PDU's can be ordered with many available options, such as harmonic filters, voltage and amperage measuring and recording equipment, etc.

A RPP, in the context you have come across, can be a panelboard marketed by the PDU manufacturer as remote branch circuit panel intended to be powered by the PDU.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Car won't start, no click and no power to radio, power window or locks [ 6 Answers ]

After installing a new starter on a 1999 2WD Explorer it will not start. There is no click when trying to start it, its just dead, and the radio, power locks/windows, a/c, and dash light don't work but the interior lights work and so do the headlights. We've had the starter checked to make sure...

Lost power to garage door - including remote [ 4 Answers ]

My garage door seems to have lost power somewhere. I don't have power from my remote in the garage, the keypad on the garage door, or either car remotes. I know I have power in the plug-in that it is connected to, but can't seem to figure out the problem - could a battery be out somewhere and...

Wireless remote power control [ 3 Answers ]

I would lke to be able to operate a water pump remotely. The pump is rated at 1hp and operates on 110v. I can find remote units but they specify a 1/3 hp limit. Can anyone tell me where I can find the desired unit? Thanks, Bob

Newbie needs help with remote power [ 6 Answers ]

Hello all, my name is George. First of all just want to let you all know that I am completely clueless about electrical stuff, I need professional advice. I am trying to set up a solar power of some sort for my gardenhouse. I need to run about 10-20 30 watt lights continuously 20-24 hours, and I...

View more questions Search