Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gecho65 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2007, 03:42 PM
    Dchp service
    I posted earlier and one of you guys told me to check whether my dchp service is running because I can't connect to the web user interface through my ethernet cable but when I connect through the usb I can and the net works fine its just with the ethernet cable... did everything in the manual nothing works... nothing about dhcp on the manual they told me reconfigure and all though still nothing works

Jul 13, 2007, 03:43 PM
    Hw do I check whether the dhcp service is running? I've got a usr9112 router
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jul 13, 2007, 03:48 PM
    Did you check the user manual on the supplied CD as that's where the full one is ?

Here's the full user guide for this model: USR9112 ADSL2+ Ethernet/USB Router User Guide

This part deals with the LAN/DHCP stuff: USR9112 ADSL2+ Ethernet/USB Router User Guide

Jul 13, 2007, 03:52 PM
    Yeah I know man checked the one on the net too hoping may be faws or troubleshooting nothing had anything about what they say is go to command prompt and check the ip reconfigure ip ping and all that but then I get data loss 100% or request times out... have been lukin everywhere for a solution nothings helping.. should I take it back to the dealer? I'm not in the us and the dealers here are kind of hard to get hold of...
    BossMan

Jul 13, 2007, 03:55 PM
    Well you need to check the cable and network card.
    When the cable is plugged in do you get little lights to say it's connected on BOTH the computer and router.
    Have you tried to ping 127.0.0.1, this will test your network card.

Jul 13, 2007, 04:03 PM
    Well the green light on the modem goes green to says the ethernets connected but nothing comes on the computer though... 127.0.0.1 works good... first time I connected the router via ethernet it said connected at 100mbps but still I couldn't get through to the wui after that when I connect even the connected message dusnt come... nothing could be wrong vit the network card because I gave my comp for service and they connected a router and showed me it works as a procedure to say it all works... think I should take it back because its causing too much trouble I didn't mind using the usb but now I got to connect another comp...
    BossMan

Jul 13, 2007, 04:05 PM
    OK first, type in PROPER ENGLISH as the chat speak is getting annoying.
    Next you need to check you network setting to ensure that it is set to automatically get an IP address from the routers DHCP.

Jul 13, 2007, 04:41 PM
    How do I check that?
    BossMan

Jul 13, 2007, 04:46 PM
    Right click My Network Places > properties > Right click LAN connection > properties > TCP/IP > properties > make sure it's set to auto.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Military Service [ 10 Answers ]

Hey guys, I'm new to this board and thought I would just ask your advice if that's OK? I'm currently 20 years old and I have had enough with civilian life, I need something more and have decided to join the British Royal Marines as a standard commando, I've thought a lot about it and I don't care...

Service [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, How can I every kind of books(in hardcopy) purchase from net and pay when I receive book at my home.

Locator service [ 2 Answers ]

I'm trying to find someone but have few leads. Does anyone know of an on-line service that charges a fee for finding someone that is legitimate & not a rip off? Thks noboat

100 amp service vs. 200 amp service [ 5 Answers ]

The house I just bought was built in 1952. It's a 3 bedroom, 1 bathroom with the standard screw in fuses (total amps unknown). Presently I'm doing a remodel. Adding a third bedroom & extra bathroom, washer & dryer, dishwasher, newer & larger refrigerator, bigger microwwave, probably 3 window air...

Changing from metered service on my shop to service from my house. [ 2 Answers ]

I’ve had the meter and 3 wire service cable removed from my shop. I’ve purchased 90 feet of 100 amp direct burial cable to run from the lower section of my home meter to my shop. Not being an electrician, I’m still trying to install this changeover. The direct burial cable has 4 wires. 2 larger...

View more questions Search