Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shannak Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2007, 11:13 AM
    Breeding mini doxies
    I have a micro mini dapple doxie(she weighs a pound) and I want to breed her. I was told that if you breed a dapple to a dapple the puppies will be messed up. Then I heard if you want dapple puppies you have to breed dapple to dapple!! If anyone knows please help!!

RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Jul 13, 2007, 11:54 AM
    Well, it does appear that you have a lot to learn about breeding. A very important factor in deciding whether to breed is where you purchased your doxie. If you bought her from a pet store, please be aware that pet store puppies are not good candidates for breeding. They are usually from puppy mills that care more about cranking out puppies and making as much money as possible, than quality breeding. Or, the puppies are the rejects from backyard breeders. To breed any dog that has substandard genetics is considered irresponsible by the high quality breeders who breed the dogs for show and for love of the dog. In any event, AKC has some guidelines for people considering breeding and contact information is available on their website. I would suggest contacting a reputable breeder on that website who will answer any and all questions you will have. Here are some links that should be helpful to you:
    http://www.dachworld.com/breeding.htm
    American Kennel Club - Responsible Breeding Steps
    Responsible Breeding - Resources
    American Kennel Club - Dachshund dog dogs puppy puppies

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mini Dachshund Breeding [ 27 Answers ]

Hello, I have a mini dachshund she is around 10 months old and weighs 3.1kg's. I would like to have a litter from her, not for money purposes or flash purebred breeding but just for the sheer pleasure of having a litter of puppies from my beautiful little girl. She had her first season at about...

Breeding [ 7 Answers ]

If My Pitbull tied with my golden retriever and then the next day tied with a lab what would the pups be. Is it possible to have pups from both the GR and Lab?

Breeding [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a 18 mth old female mastiff x ridgeback and I would like to know how often the larger breed dogs go on heat. She has already had one season which was Oct/Nov 06. Please help... :confused:

Breeding my Dashaund [ 2 Answers ]

At what age do I need to breed my dashaund?

Breeding [ 2 Answers ]

When the female comes in heat is it best to keep her in her familiar environment Or should we take her to the stud

View more questions Search