Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    angelz921 Posts: 73, Reputation: 3

Jul 13, 2007, 10:58 AM
    Filling out a Financial Affidavit
    My husband if filling out a financial affidavit, he pays all bills and is financially responsible for my son (his step son). Can he claim expenses for him, things like clothing and other stuff??

This is for Florida but I don't think that makes difference.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jul 14, 2007, 08:18 AM
    As far as the financial affidavit goes, yes, if he is providing for your son financially, he has the right to include that. However, as far as claiming him as a dependent for income tax purposes, that's a little trickier. He can if 1.) the two of you file a joint return or 2) he qualifies to file as a "head of household." Without more information about your circumstances it's hard to give you a more definitive answer.
    angelz921 Posts: 73, Reputation: 3

Jul 14, 2007, 04:22 PM
    Thanks, that will do. He's filling out a financial affidavit for court. There's really not much more then that. Thank you again!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Premeire Financial Group [ 1 Answers ]

How can I find out if an international Financial Group is Legit before I agree to a Loan? I applied online to a place called lendingtreeco.com.

Overwhelmed about my financial situation [ 1 Answers ]

I have a lot of money out in a lot of companies and I just started over with my life abd I'm 19 going to 20 soon and the bills are equal amount of 2,500 of debt abd I have a truck in my name. I bought the truck for 4,000 dollars and I made about 11 Payments of 140.00 to my bank, and my truck is now...

Financial problem [ 1 Answers ]

I have little problem. My parents lost their money recently and they are very upset. As I don't want them feel sad or upset, I told them not to worry and I will give some money to them. Unfortuantly they need money for emergency but I don't have much money to give to them. I don't know how to tell...

View more questions Search