Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bgeazy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2007, 09:46 AM
    My router
    I need to know how can I put security onto my wireless router
    BenReilly Posts: 55, Reputation: 6

Nov 28, 2007, 12:02 AM
    Well that would depend what kind of router you have and what features it has. The password to access the routers feature for max sequrity should consist out of at least 8 characters put together out of symbols, uppercase letters, lower case letters and numbers with no relation to your family, pets, birthdays (you get the picture). To secure the wireless connection never use web since its easily hackable. Wpa is the way to go, don't forget to set the passphrase (make it a good one). My linksys router has another feature which rstricts access to it by mac adresses so I only set the nic mac adresses from my computers. Some routers also have the feature to hide itself (SSID Broadcast). That on the other hand is by Sequrity Experts not considered a must. For myself since I have only a limited number of computers I also changed the standard router IP and deactivated DHCP.

I think that's pretty much all that can be done on a regular store bought router.
    Should anyone else have a different opinion or something to add please post.
    badie415 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 25, 2007, 04:20 AM
    Hey I need help on step by step on how to host in World of Warcraft the frozen throne I tryied Google but nothing work I turned my firewalls of to no antivirus or antispaware I need help please!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ed' s router [ 1 Answers ]

How would you hook up a wireless router to your system when you already have 2 router in place (1) for telephone (2) road runner ----this so I can use my new laptop in another room

Router within a Router - Connection problems [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to set up a wireless network to be able to use my laptop, but am having problems getting everything working; The wireless is "Connected" yet I'm unable to access the internet, or ping the default gateway. The current setup consists of a Zyxel Prestige 643 (The "internet gateway", a...

Router [ 3 Answers ]

How to setup a wireless router? Say I have about 10 pcs.

Router shutdown [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Linksys router which works fine most of the time. But when I try to use multimedia (such as on line radio), I loose connectivity and have to power the router off/on to restore connection. I can go to any site, as long as I don't try to listen to music online there is no problem. Have tried...

CNC Router [ 2 Answers ]

We are using WINCNC. Is there something better? We have a Warthog CNC router, but the manufacturer's tech support isn't helping us very well. We checked the resolution and backlash compensation, but our cuts are out of the path at at the entry and withdraw points of the lines. A straight line...

View more questions Search