Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sweetblood_15 Posts: 71, Reputation: 4

Jul 13, 2007, 08:40 AM
    Limits in life for the half blind?
    I'm partially blind in my left eye... I can somewhat see, but I just can't focus in on anything or read with that eye... is this going to harm me at all for getting jobs,insurance etc.. :(
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Jul 13, 2007, 08:47 AM
    Could you please tell me your visual acuity range for both eyes so I can give you a better answer?
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Jul 13, 2007, 08:58 AM
    Well... legal blindness is defined as a visual acuity of 20/200 with BEST CORRECTION in the BEST EYE or a visual field loss resulting in a visual field of 20 degrees or less. If you are legally blind you can not be discriminated upon when applying for jobs.
    phillysteakandcheese Posts: 973, Reputation: 356

Jul 13, 2007, 09:05 AM
    I worked for a small town TV station when I was fresh out of university. We had a Master Control operator that was legally blind, but was able to see enough to be able to do all the broadcast switching required for the station.

Whenever I start to question myself about being able to do something... I think of that guy...

:)
    sweetblood_15 Posts: 71, Reputation: 4

Jul 13, 2007, 11:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rankrank55
    Well...legal blindness is defined as a visual acuity of 20/200 with BEST CORRECTION in the BEST EYE or a visual field loss resulting in a visual field of 20 degrees or less. If you are legally blind you can not be discriminated upon when applying for jobs.
    All I know is that at birth I've was blind in that eye and someone told me it was because these million tiny things never all hooked up correctly or something and that you can't fix it no matter what... I'm not exactly an expert...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Husband was blind - Landlord was co-ercive [ 3 Answers ]

Last spring, my husband was blind. He became blind mid-December And remained so until a final eye operation in mid-August. During the period of March through April 2006, our six month lease Was up. Moving would have been impossible - two doctors had stated at that time That I was close to a...

I was blind-sided [ 4 Answers ]

We'd just returned from our 1-yr anniversary trip when my husband "strongly suggests" I leave town to visit my mother, because he thinks he wants a divorce and wants time apart to "think". I'm shocked, sad, etc... and the date is 12/11/06. I have already RSVP'd to a number of holiday parties, a...

My Half Dachshund Half Chihuahua has potty problem! [ 3 Answers ]

Hello my My Half Dachshund Half Chihuahua is a great dog but when it comes to the potty he is not good. He is let outside every hour but sometimes he pees in the house. I stay with him outside for 30 minutes and let him inside. I have no solution what should I do? :confused:

PC Tools for the Blind [ 1 Answers ]

Please share any comments a/o recommendations regarding Windoze programs that allow the blind better access/usability to PC apps and the internet? I understand Dragon Naturally Speaking v8, finally hit the mark. Anyone? P2E :p

View more questions Search