Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    timd157 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2007, 08:36 AM
    Rechargeable batteries
    I have a Racal Dust filter mask I use in my woodturning. It is a simple motor in a mask that blows a stream of fresh air through a filter. The product is no longer made but is still very serviceable but the rechargeable battery pack needs replacing.
    The only information I have is as follows:
    Racal product. Charger Input 240v 50 Hz Output 4.2v 230mA .96VA
    The battery pack contains 3 X 5/4 Nicad rechargeable batteries of a size no longer obtainable ( my local branch Maplin's has searched for me) and it ran for 4 hrs.

There was an 8 hour offboard rechargeable battery pack available once, which had 3X 1/2D Nicad cells.

I want to make an 8 hour rechargeable battery pack connected by a lead to the mask which contains the motor. The connections are not a problem, I can change them as needed. Can I use the same charger?

Hope you can help. My local Maplins said they thought they could but were too busy when I went there
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jul 14, 2007, 01:12 PM
    Sounds like motor 3.6 volts(3 [email protected] volts) Maybe you could outboard you own
    3.6 volt battery. Would have extended usage. Can be as big a battery pack as you want, just not more than 3.6 volts, Then make sure charger has capacity of any increased size of battery pack.

Would something like this work:
    Sharp CL250 3.6 Volt NiCad Cordless Phone Battery at Lowcostbatteries.com

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Storage of batteries [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, Does anyone know if you can store new (but open from the store bought package) batteries in a plastic tupperware container until you need to use them. Also does anyone know for how long?

Laptop Batteries [ 1 Answers ]

Is it bad to always plug in a laptop when a wall outlet is available? Someone told me that you should always use your battery and only plug it in when the battery needs to be re-charged. I have always done just the opposite. I always plug in if it is available and only use my battery if power...

Car batteries [ 8 Answers ]

I had quick question as to what you guys thought about car batteries and what I should look for when purchasing. Specifically, I wanted to know if I should be concerned with the cold cranking amps as much. For example, should I buy one that has 770 over one that has 675 if I could get the lower...

Batteries Keep Going Out [ 2 Answers ]

I've just started to have a problem with my thermostat losing battery power. This is actually shutting down my heat. I have put fresh batteries in twice over the last two weeks, reprogrammed the thermostat - only to have it happen again today. Is this the thermostat going bad?

Batteries [ 1 Answers ]

Any one here know about batteries, I am looking to find out about 2- 6V batteries hooked up in parallel. Wanting to know the total amperage if each is xxx. Do they add? (CCA and CA) Jerry

View more questions Search