Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    john_chapman19 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2005, 03:59 PM
    Chinese engraving
    My son wants the words Grandma and Grandpa engraved in Chinese onto an identity bracelet from them.
    Could someone translate for me please?
    Would this need special equipment?
    Thank you
    John Chapman
    wzartv Posts: 402, Reputation: 21

Jul 12, 2005, 06:44 PM
    Hello, you can go to a translation site on the Internet, just go to www.google.com and search "Chinese English translation" and you will get several. I tried myself and came out with some results, but I'm pretty sure this forum doesn't display Chinese characters... If you do a search on the Internet, your computer will probably need the Chinese characters plugin for your browser or it will just display the characters as question marks. Good luck... anything else, just ask.
    Tim Walker Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2005, 11:29 PM
    Translation
    Grandma and Grandpa translate into Chinese is 奶奶 and 爷爷. :)

Jul 13, 2005, 06:53 AM
    Yes, you need to get a Chinese characters plugin for your browser... if you are using Microsoft IE, you can get it from www.microsoft.com, if you are using Firefox, you can probably find it on www.firefox.com, I had some trouble trying to find these plugins, but my Internet has not been working correctly, so it is quite challenging for me. Let me know if you find anything.
    Tim Walker Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2005, 07:03 PM
    Plugin for my browser
    :rolleyes: I live in China, so it won't be necessary for me to get a Chinese characters plugin for my browser. I had download a Written Chinese software, using PinYin to write those characters.

Jul 13, 2005, 07:32 PM
    Oh, OK I didn't realize that you typed them in the forum in your previous post... ha my bad... glad you were able to find them... Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Chinese tattoo [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, a friend of mine wants to tattoo chinese letters saying "only best is good enough". Does anyone knows how is that written in chinese? Thanks.

The number 8 in Chinese [ 2 Answers ]

Need the spelling in Chinese of the number 8 (eight) and the correct way it is pronounced. Thx!

Engraving Of "urim & Thummim" The Method! [ 7 Answers ]

ENGRAVING OF THE STONES OF THE "URIM & THUMMIM!" WHAT WAS THE METHOD? One of the greatest forms of Bible Study or Christian discussion is not merely questions/answers or debate; rather, a contribution of ideas. I've found this lacking (to my dismay) in the majority of the forums of which...

Chinese Medicine Question [ 3 Answers ]

Most of my family has a kidney yang deficiency (as previously diagnosed by an acupuncturist. Does anyone know of any collection of recipes that help bring kidney yang into the body? Thank you.

Chinese meals [ 5 Answers ]

I'd like to try out some chinese meals (I got a set of chopstick, so I want to put them to use). What would you recommend for a beginner? I hear they got all kinds of funny combinations like meat with honey and whatnot, so just name me something that will not be THAT strange in the beginning. If I...

View more questions Search