Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Squiffy Posts: 499, Reputation: 84

Jul 16, 2007, 08:38 AM
    I agree with dn mommy. I would take her to the hospital with or without her co operation. If she really won't go I would call out someone to see her. I agree somehting really doesn't seem right, and I would tell the dr/hospital staff you are concerned if she actually is pregnant or is going through some kind of episode.
    amberandfrank Posts: 48, Reputation: 2

Jul 17, 2007, 02:40 PM
    I miscarried at 12 weeks and the er sent me home and I had to go back because I had lost too much blood and my doc told me I should never have left. Also I work in a mental health clinic and this sounds a little odd. I would take her to the er as soon as possible its for her mental well being as well as you and your kids.
    boymom2121 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2007, 03:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleG
    My girlfriend just miscarried at 23 weeks and 4 days and the dr. sent her home to pass the baby at home without a D&C. does this sound right? She had no bleeding and the only symptom was she had a little cramping once or twice a day for 2 days. i just can't believe the dr. would just send her home! does this sound strange too anyone? i thought the baby was too from along.
    That is nuts. Either your friend is on drugs or the doctor is. I delivered a baby at 20 weeks. He was not alive, but he was fully formed and we held him. There is no way this is OK.
    emerald75 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2007, 10:56 PM
    Makes no sense she needs to be seen. I had a stillborn at 23 weeks and the baby actually hasto be delivered.theres no way around it.its about the size of a pound of cheese you can't just pass that at home and I was kept in hospital until next day. Please convince her to see someone else.that can kill her if it goes untreated.best wishes!
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2007, 01:09 AM
    I think you have the right idea about her lying.

I lost a baby at 19 weeks and
    It required hospital stay (among other things).

At 23 weeks a D&C is not possible and
    You don't just simply pass and discard a developed dead baby at home.
    peanut6966 Posts: 43, Reputation: 7

Jul 18, 2007, 03:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by AKaeTrue
    I think you have the right idea about her lying.

I lost a baby at 19 weeks and
    it required hospital stay (among other things).

At 23 weeks a D&C is not possible and
    you don't just simply pass and discard a developed dead baby at home.

I agree, I think there is something wrong with your girlfriend mentaly and especially if she has a habit of lying... I just hope it all works out for you
    DoubleG Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2007, 05:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by peanut6966
    I agree, I think there is something wrong with your girlfriend mentaly and especially if she has a habit of lying..... I just hope it all works out for you
    Thank you so much for your answer!
    dunno Posts: 160, Reputation: 19

Jul 20, 2007, 10:41 AM
    Let us know when you find anything out!
    sam_asking_y Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2011, 04:46 PM
    That is crap I hate Drs ever since I had a miscarriage with my son at 25.6 weeks. The nurse was going to send me to Brisbane hospital but the DR came in and said don't bother. She left him inside of me with no water inside over night. Every contraction I got squished his lungs. When I first arrived his heartbeat was perfect I had to give birth to him for 12h all to have him to take his last breaths in my arms.
    missaquino Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2012, 01:45 PM
    Are you for 100% she was really pregnant? No to make it seem like she would makes such a thing up but none of this sounds right at all.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Baby is 4`1/2 weeks in growth and I thought I was 6 weeks [ 14 Answers ]

Hello, I am a new wife of 6 months with an amazing husband... we recently in August had a miscarriage and now became pregnant again... here's the thing... My last period was on dec 22nd and I am NOT regular.. between 32-39 day cycles... I had an ultra sound today and it said my baby was only about...

11 weeks pregnant fetus only 6 weeks? [ 8 Answers ]

I thought I was 11 weeks pregnant, had some very light spotting and Dr. did ultrasound and said fetus was only 6 weeks?? I am almost positive there was no possibility of conception on the new date so they believe the fetus stopped growing at 6 weeks and I had a missed miscarriage. I am waiting...

Only one normal period after miscarriage in Jan.now 2 weeks late. [ 3 Answers ]

I was 16 weeks pregnant when I had to have an emergency D&C on January 9, 2007. I healed quickly and had a normal period on February 8, 2007. My periods are usually regular and have never really been affected by previous stressful times in my life. My partner and I weren't going to try to get...

Was it a miscarriage? [ 6 Answers ]

My husband and I have been trying to conceive for about six months now. I normally have a 25-26 day cycle. This month was 28, which I know isn't "abnormal." Also, it usually lasts no more than 4 days and is very light. Well, on day 3 I spent the entire morning up to 3pm with bright red blood and...

View more questions Search