Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bamey Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2007, 02:30 AM
    Xp won't load
    Hi I have xp windows pro sp2 and now it won't load windows just get to the part whereit says windows didn't start right and then reboots over and over and won't load up xp, hope you can direct me somewhere or somehow to get my puter going normal again ty for your help
    Lord_Darkclaw Posts: 295, Reputation: 38

Jul 13, 2007, 02:44 AM
    Perhaps you have a virus or malware problem?
    Have you added any new hardware recently such as a graphics card? (remove it and try again if you have).

First thing to to is to boot-up in safe-mode: Usually this is done by repeatedly pressing the F8 key when you turn the PC on. This will probably get you into Windows and allow you to run anti-virus scans or try a System Restore.

If you still have no luck and you have a desktop computer (ie; not a laptop) borrow or buy a cheap hard-drive and install it in place of your present hard drive (set it to "master" by moving the jumper - the little plastic tab - as shown in the diagram on the drive) and install Windows on to it. If it doesn't work then it is likely to be a hardware problem.
    Likely hardware faults are dust-bunnies clogging up the fan (easily remedied!) or a faulty RAM stick (buy a new one).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

93 Civic won't start, turns over but won't crank [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 1993 honda del sol SI that I converted to manual, before the swap everything was fine, cranked up, my battery and alterntor were going bad but would crank up, after the swap, it turns over but nothing happens,I'm not gettting any spark at all, I went and got a new distributor but still...

Windows XP won't load [ 13 Answers ]

Hi, My computer was fine this morning and I turned it off before I left. I was gone for About an hour, When I got home my computer was on but it won't do anything. The screen was blank. So I turned it off by the power button and waited then turned it back on, now it won't load windows at...

Kenmore front load won't do anything [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore front load model 41741142000. It will not do anything. I had a repair guy come out. He used his ohm meter to trace wiring and no problems. Then he got to the door switch and replaced it with one he had on his truck. He determined the problem was the timer. He said I could easily...

Windows xp won't load. Help! [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I don't know much about computers but here goes. My mum is having problems with her computer, it hasn't been switched on for 6-7 weeks, when she comes to switch it on it comes up on a black screen with pci device listings. It won't goany further than this and won't open windows. I...

Windows xp won't load/boot [ 6 Answers ]

Hi I have a problem with my windows xp boot. When I try to boot windows I get the screen that says: Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt: <Windows root>\system32\ntoskrnl.exe. Please re-install a copy of the above file. I would appreciate all your help. ...

View more questions Search