Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mzamanm Posts: 52, Reputation: 2

Jul 13, 2007, 01:41 AM
    Is It VGA's Fault?
    Dear;
    I've got an error in My PC. That is whenever I play Media File In Any Media Player, it halts for a while and then restarts taking input from Keyboard and Mouse But Monitor's Screen Remains Same and doesn't change. And Error Screen Played By Windows(XP) Says That A Device Failure Occurred. But I can Play Games Well And It can do every other task without hesitation but I can't Play A Media File(.dat, mp3, mpg... )without that damn halt of Monitor. Can Someone Please Suggest A Solution To The Told Problem.
    Thanks.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jul 13, 2007, 01:46 AM
    Make sure that you have ALL the required codecs and that you machine is FULL patched via Windows update.
    mzamanm Posts: 52, Reputation: 2

Jul 13, 2007, 05:30 AM
    Not Having Required Codecs Doesn't Halt The System At All, As Far As I KNow. Please suggest Another Applicable Solution.
    Thanks
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jul 13, 2007, 06:13 AM
    My answer was in TWO parts, please reread it.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 13, 2007, 06:15 AM
    Don't use Windows Media Player, use VLC media player - Overview

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Accident not my fault [ 1 Answers ]

Someone pulled out on me due to he was attending to a crying baby in a car seat in the passenger seat,obviously he didn't check his mirrors before pulling out on me.his car then continued to push me into a residential brick wall with damage to both cars.I then found out that my insurance wasn't...

Is it my fault [ 5 Answers ]

My ex has justed started to cut himself because I left him and it's all my fault should I feel guilty I still care for him should I let him know but I really feel bad because he's hurting himself over me

No fault [ 3 Answers ]

My son was in an accident. He hit another car in an interesection wit no stop or yield signs. He rec'd the ticket for fail to yield because he was on the right. The other driver was ticketed for no proof of insurance. The polic officer at the scene informed my son that Kansas is a no fault...

Whose fault [ 1 Answers ]

Towing a friends car last week when it wouldn t start,he lost control on a corner and sideswiped a BMW.Whose insurance pays,the car towing or the car being towed?

Is it my fault? [ 6 Answers ]

I have a five month old boy very determined to do everything sooner than expected, that gets very upset when he cannot reach his goals. Or so it seems. At the moment he cries all the time, unless I help him sit up and touch everything he can reach or if we "read" books together. Does not want to be...

View more questions Search