Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yaba1369 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2007, 11:52 PM
    Morning coughing fits
    Hi all,
    I am a 35 year old male who smokes around 10-15 cigarettes a day. Over the last 3-4 years I used get a coughing fit first thing in the morning, which used last for around 5 minutes, where I used to cough continuously & empty reach, with the odd bit of bile thrown up. After lying down each time for a few minutes, it would eliviate & I'd be OK. This used happen once every 1 to 3 months.
    Lately though, for the last few months, it is happening every 2nd or 3rd day, always 1st thing in the morning, but never at any other times.
    There is no history of broncitus or any other serious illnesses in the family & I have never been diagnosed with anything by my GP before.
    Any ideas/suggestions greatly appreciated.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 13, 2007, 05:55 AM
    Time to quit smoking and visit your doctor. This could be a simple case of smoker's cough, however, it only starts as simple and can lead to many dangerous illnesses such as COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease). It could also be a case of asthma.

However, only your doctor can diagnose you properly.
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Jul 13, 2007, 08:29 AM
    Yaba 1369:

Because you are a smoker, any change in the nature of your cough is a reason to see a doctor.

Obviously, you know smoking is not healthy, and should quit.

You may be developing chronic bronchitis. Other things to consider would be acid reflux and or allergic rhinitis.

Grace and Peace

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bra That Fits [ 4 Answers ]

I currently wear a 40DDD bra, which I know totally doesn't fit me, so I got re-measured and they said I'm a 38I. Ok, they don't sell those in stores, so I searched online for bigger bras and ordered a 38I. It seemed too small, so I ordered a bigger one... too big! :mad: Does anyone have...

Roses are giving me fits [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: I have been trying to get roses to grow in north Florida and seem to be doing something wrong half of my roses have black spot continuously no matter what I put on them and the others seem to go through stages of doing great and then going totally leafless. Please help.:eek:

Persistent coughing [ 1 Answers ]

I picked up an infection at the beginning of April this year that seemed to go straight to my chest. It gave me an awful, persistent cough which always left me struggling for breath and trying desperately to suck back some air into my lungs (even while the coughing fits, which sometimes lasted for...

I Don't know what category this fits in :MTTR(mean time to repair) [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know of a website where I can find out exact guidelines for MTTR on T1 lines and DSL/cable lines?

View more questions Search