Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Michellerenee Posts: 102, Reputation: 7

Jul 12, 2007, 11:16 PM
    Eye flap surgery on kitten
    Hi, has anyone ever had an lesion develop on a kittens eye from clamydia. Well, one of the stray cats that I "rescued" from sure death in town had to have eye flap surgery due to the removal of that lesion. (the lesion that happened under my care, I guess that I didn't get them to the vet soon enough.) but, now I know a little more.. not all
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jul 13, 2007, 09:32 AM
    I read about it while looking at research on eye problems. I think it can also happen when medicine is put in their eyes that were not intended for what ever their ailment is. But I have never seen it happen with any cats I know of. It is nice that you are taking such good care of strays. Too bad the mamma's previous owner was not responsible.
    Michellerenee Posts: 102, Reputation: 7

Jul 13, 2007, 04:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bushg
    I read about it while looking at research on eye problems. I think it can also happen when medicine is put in their eyes that were not intended for what ever their ailment is. But I have never seen it happen with any cats I know of. It is nice that you are taking such good care of strays. Too bad the mamma's previous owner was not responsible.
    Yes, well I feel really bad as I did not get them to the vet more quick to avoid such a mishap. Do you happen to know how long the chlamydia is contagious? I have tried to research on the web, but no luck yet. I also have a two year old female that I don't want to contaminate. The vet said "not contagious", but I'm not so sure about that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kitten Eye Infection [ 4 Answers ]

:confused: My cat just recently had a litter of kittens. They are almost a month old. All of them have opened their eyes completely except one. This one kitten has one eye open and the other seems so be infected because its not open and has this scab over it. Last night when I noticed it, I used a...

Kitten eye infections - help! [ 28 Answers ]

My 9 week old kitten has developed an eye infection in his left eye , which emits a yellowish snot stuff- is there a way to treat this from home possibly without having to go to a vet and pay with money I don't have? Any and all help would be more than appreciated - thank you!!

Eye laser surgery [ 10 Answers ]

Does anyone no how effective eyelaser surgery is? and is there any danger of something going wrong... and is it sore?

It Looks Like My Kitten Has Blood In Her Eye! [ 3 Answers ]

I have a kitten who's around 5 or 6 months old. She was hiding in the bathroom all day today probably to get away form the kids and dogs, anyway when she came out I noticed her one eye looks a little darker so I looked at it and now it looks like blood or something is in her eye, there no scratches...

Laser eye surgery [ 4 Answers ]

Has anyone had it done and what are the benefits and/or side-effects of this type of procedure.After wearing glasses for 20 plus years and dealing with the problems of glasses, breakage,losing them,struggling to see without them when I wake up.. etc... I am thinking of having it done so I'd like...

View more questions Search