Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    a3946her Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2007, 06:45 PM
    Trying to dye my dirty blonde hair brown but don't know what to do
    Hey ev1 I have a mixture between dirty blonde and light blonde hair, I want to dye it a medium to dark brown then get blonde highlights, I don't know what to do, should I buy the hair dye at a store to save money and dye my own hair then go to a salon and get the highlights or should I get my hair died at a salon then come back when I have the rest of the money to get the hightlights??
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Jul 13, 2007, 07:36 PM
    If possible, try to get both... the color and highlights done by a professional. Your hair is two different shades of blonde, and if you apply a hair color over your hair, it may result in an unpleasant color. Also, when you apply a brown color on blonde hair, it can turn out darker than your desired color. I definitely recommend getting your hair colored at a salon. And when you have enough money saved, you can add some highlights in your hair.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I dye over bleached blonde hair back to dark brown and it not fade [ 11 Answers ]

About 3 weeks ago I decided I wanted blonde highlights. My wife used Loreal Color Rays bleach blonde kit. And put in a lot of streaks. My natural color hair is dark brown. Of course you can imagine how it turned out. The streaks turned out yellowy orange and looked horrible. I waited a week...

Can I use a medium brown permanent hair dye over adark brown permanent hair dye? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I really need some advice about 3 weeks ago I dyed my hair dark brown permanent, my hair colour is naturally dark brown but now my hair is black and really making me look very hard and pale. Am I able to buy a permanent medium brown hair dye to lighten it up? I have read your site and see...

How do I dye my hair blonde? [ 4 Answers ]

I've just had my hair stripped of its prievious colour and dyed bright orange--huge disarster-- I went back and had it toned down by dying over it, it was OK but I just got back from vacation and the sun and pool have spripped the colour back to a dull urban. I hate it, but I can't afford to change...

Hair dye. Dark.blonde.brown.what color mixes? [ 2 Answers ]

Okay IF you have DARK hair as in it being brownish darkish and then you want to dye it blonde and then brown like an ash brown or light brown what color should it come out? I have a dark hair color it looks brown/black and I want to dye it but I want it to come out as a light brown blondish...

Trying to get a dirty blonde, but ended up with orange/red hair? [ 3 Answers ]

I naturally have medium brown hair with reddish high lights to it... I thought I'd cheap out and get an at-home dye kit, which normally is fine, because typically I go darker with my hair. I thought I'd do a dirty blonde, or light ash brown, but instead of blondish brown, it's orange... what can I...

View more questions Search