Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kitty07 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2005, 11:20 AM
    Am I calling too much or is this normal~~~im bored that's why! helphelphelp
    I talk to my b/f everyday like 2 times a day but only for like 5 or 10 minutes. I want to try not to call him everyday but I always end up getting bored and calling him anyway. Sometimes he doesn't want to talk... ok most of the time, and only occasionally he does. But I can't help it I get bored because my life is pretty boring my summer really sucks this year I have summer school and then I go home and babysitt for like 8 hours(yawn) I see him like 2 times a week sometimes 3 he has a job and works 10-8 mon-fri. and 10-5 on sun and 12-5 on sat. I call him when he gets off I give him a call and then he calls me before he goes to bed. My best friend only talks to her b/f like 3 or 4 times a week not EVERYDAY how can I not be bored so I don't have to call him everyday... I also think that if I don't call him everyday that will give him time to miss me and want to talk more than 5 or 10 min when I do talk to him~~~~>SUGESTIONS~~HELP<~~~~~PLEASE :confused: :confused: :confused:
    turtlegirl Posts: 151, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2005, 11:32 AM
    You're not going to want to hear this (and you've heard this before), but you have got to have a life. There is no reason for you to be bored. Bored people are BORING to other people. Read a book, go for a walk, take those kids you are babysitting somewhere or start a project with them, do your homework, call your friends, write letters to your grandmother, cook something, make up a dance, rent a DVD. DO SOMETHING. Your boyfriend does not want to be your life. You have to fill it up yourself.

I'm guessing you are in summer school because you make a habit of not doing anything. STOP IT!! Get out of this rut.

Good luck! :)
    Kitty07 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2005, 11:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by turtlegirl
    You're not going to want to hear this (and you've heard this before), but you have got to have a life. There is no reason for you to be bored. Bored people are BORING to other people. Read a book, go for a walk, take those kids you are babysitting somewhere or start a project with them, do your homework, call your friends, write letters to your grandmother, cook something, make up a dance, rent a DVD. DO SOMETHING. Your boyfriend does not want to be your life. You have to fill it up yourself.

I'm guessing you are in summer school because you make a habit of not doing anything. STOP IT!!!! Get out of this rut.

Good luck! :)
    No actually I'm in summer school because I have to take 4 years of math because I want to be a vet and I'm taking a skills center next year for small animal management so no I'm not in the habit of doing nothing. I can't really take the kids anywhere because I have no car and there is no place to go I would take them to get icecream but its across the anthony wayn trail TOO busy for 2 five year olds and a 1 and 2 year old. I don't want him to be my life my friends all have to babysit and my mom just had surgery so I have to help her out a lot too.
    artistall Posts: 88, Reputation: 5

Jul 12, 2005, 11:51 AM
    Discover!
    I think Turtlegirl is very intuitive! You should listen to her advice! Discover the world around you and have fun.
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2005, 12:22 PM
    Call your friends instead. Workout. New hobbies. (sky diving?)

I wish I had time to be bored! There is always something I have to get done - either work - my home - errands - workout - hobbies - friends - family always emposing. Hell, I don't even know what a sitcom is any more.
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2005, 08:58 PM
    You can call too much - especially during the first 6 months of a relationship.

That which is chased ALWAYS runs.

You give up too much of yourself and you come too available - no more of a challenge and that you have surrender to that person. You always need to leave a little mystery.

People WANT what the ycan't have - always! You're always there for him and he gets bored!
    lickemlolly Posts: 397, Reputation: 62

Jul 19, 2005, 03:34 PM
    Yeah its better to call your girls.. if you are that bored then you are not doing enough to fill your time... if you find yourself picking up the phone let it be one of your girlfriends or better yet find some new hobbies or something because smothering is bad and you should know that from reading these threads..
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2005, 03:46 PM
    Smothering kills a good relationship...

When dating, have you wondered why it seems it's the ones that you really don't like whom you can't seem to get rid of and the ones you do like who never seem to stick around? The reason is simple. It's not the person but the way you behave toward them him or her.

This is because as human beings we are forever guided and governed by human nature. The bottom line is that it's not the person you're dating, it's the things you are doing that determine his or her level of interest. So if it's not you - defined as your looks, personality, background, and so on -it must be your that determines the direction and, ultimately, the outcome of the relationship behavior toward this person

This very powerful, yet simple psychological strategy can be summed up in one sentence:

You need to behave with the person you don't like the way you've been behaving with the person you do like.

You need to behave with the person you do like the way you've been behaving with the person you don't like.

ALWAYS!!

People want what they can't have. By constantly making yourself available, you're actually diminishing your value. This is not a trick or a game to play, but a function of human nature. Attraction is not a fixed value. This means that what someone thinks about you is determined to a large extent by what you do, not but just who you are or what you look like. The law of scarcity is prevalent and relevant in every area of our lives, especially here. That which is plentiful is often under appreciated and that which is rare is held in high regard and considered valuable. When you are dating someone whom you are not interested in, you tend to make yourself available which is convenient for you. And when you're dating someone who you really like you're consistently available. Do the reverse.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Calling all Psychics... Please Help! [ 3 Answers ]

I asked Maria this question but decided I should put it in the main forum... I'm a single working mother of 2 and concerned about my career and ultimately my ability to financially support my WONDERFUL children. I've been at my current job for nearly 5 yrs and have done pretty well. It's been a...

Bored in Relationship [ 7 Answers ]

I've been seeing this guy for about 7 months.. we love each other and everything is going great but I've become bored in the relationship. Its like we do the same things all the time.. go to the movies go eat go shopping.. He says he's spontaneous but he's scared I might not like what he wants to...

Bored [ 6 Answers ]

I've been in this relationship w/ a guy for 7 months. And every now and then I ask myself why am I still with him, especially because ill be going away to college next year. We were talking today and he told me he really doesn't want to be in a relationship because of the obligations but he still...

Calling Girlfriend A Lot [ 12 Answers ]

Ok me and my girlfriend have been going out for 7 months and I was obssessive like, always calling her while she is busy and when she doesn't awnser when she is busy I start saying "you dont love me do you" or "youre gona forget about me" I was a real pain I can imagine and then just one day she...

View more questions Search