Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    avenger9000 Posts: 99, Reputation: 2

Jul 12, 2007, 04:41 PM
    Band Problems
    Hey I have just started this band called The Epidemic (Spreading the epidemic of Jesus) not meaning any offense to people who despise christianity.. But the problem is as I am the lead singer of the Band the other members have been giving me huge pressures to write some songs but I have tried so many times but just get people saying things like hey you can't write songs you isn't got no rhythm blah blah blah its blowing my mind!! And organising for the band to play at my 21st and practicing beforehand is a nightmare! I tried to stress the fact that hey if we don't start organising practice soon you guys are all going to be telling me that you are busy with some random thing or other later and we won't get to practice at all but it doesn't seem to be working. They are just elling me hey we can organise it later!! I don't know what I am supposed to do as the lead singer and founder of the band...

Also please feel free to let me know if the name has already been taken because I don't want any law suits on copyright stuff lol...

All of this is driving me bananas and I would really appreciate answers from all you lovely people out there!
    avenger9000 Posts: 99, Reputation: 2

Jul 12, 2007, 05:05 PM
    Bump
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 12, 2007, 05:08 PM
    Please be patient the people who may know the answer to your question may not be online. Sometimes it can take quite a few hours to get a response.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 12, 2007, 05:49 PM
    Some people can write music, others can't, if you can't, have other band members write the music, buy songs from people who can write music.

Even famous bands and singers buy songs or sign songs their label arranges for them.

As for the practice, get the group together, set some times, certain days, times, if some don't show up, at some point, bump them out of the band and get members that want to be there.

You will need to be doing days and days of practice, several times a week or more

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is name of the song/band? [ 4 Answers ]

Can you help me to find name of this song. I have uploaded it here. Please help me. RapidShare: 1-Click Webhosting

Band name [ 7 Answers ]

Who sings the song "Fire"?

I need a name for my band. [ 8 Answers ]

Hey there, I am 28yrs old and am a singer in a new band, and we are about to play shows, but I am really stuck on a name... the other members in my band are all in there late 30's and married with kids, and I am totally opposite... but, if anyone can give me some ideas on some names that would be...

Band name? [ 1 Answers ]

My friend andrew and I are starting a band... I guess you could call it easy listening music... I play guitar and sing and he sings also.. Its quite an alternative style... not to unlike jack johnson, the scene aesthetic, or other bands of that nature... The only problem is, we can't think of...

View more questions Search