Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bilal123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2007, 02:43 PM
    Cdrom drive is suddenly lost
    When I was shut down my computer then after sometime I restart my computer, my cdrom drive has been lost plzz hel me how I recover it reply me hurry
    benn11 Posts: 1,036, Reputation: 43
    Ultra Member

Jul 13, 2007, 03:55 AM
    What operating system are you using? Also check that your drivers are still installed.

Right-click on computer > Select Hardware tab > Select device manager > under CD-roms check if there is a yellow question mark!
    confused genius Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2007, 11:57 PM
    How can I recover my CD rom drive? It was in the computer, and I think it's still there right now. Only, its not appearing in My Computer. It does not work however whenevr I insert a CD. I notice that the cable leading to it was bitten by mouse, but not much - i.e.. There is no chance of short-circuit. I have used the 'notepad'-oriented help too as directed by a website. But to no avail. What to do? Please, help me!:confused:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

CD-Rom drive icon not showing in My Computer [ 1 Answers ]

The CD rom icon is not showing. Whenever the PC is booted I get a message "Atapi IDE device not loaded. V.12B device driver not loaded". Can someone help how to get the driver? Also how come this driver suddenly vanished?Previously it was functioning OK.. thanks

Neither CDrom nor Floopy drive read media [ 2 Answers ]

Both, get power and at least spin the disks A known working floppy when inserted receives error message" disk not formatted" When cds are used, the operating system temporarily locks up as the rom attempts to read the media. Eventually function returns but disk can not be opened or explored....

Lost cdrom driver.how to get it back ? [ 3 Answers ]

Lost cdrom driver.how to get it back ? My computer is hp pavilion 4404 running on win 98 The cdrom drive is not detected .

Lost CD drive [ 1 Answers ]

My computer works OK, but does not recognize the cd's. The Device Manager says the Registry is damaged. I do not have a backup (registry.reg) that works. Any ideas? Thanks

I've lost my cd-rom drive [ 3 Answers ]

We had a power loss (surge?) this am (chimputer was on w/surge protector), upon power restoration, I rebooted comp and neither of my dvd/cd drives are being found. When looking in the device mngr there is a little ! Next to the drives. I tried reinstalling the drivers but it did not help:confused....

View more questions Search