Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    crazy-at-this-point Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2007, 10:53 AM
    Restraining order on Bank Account from an Attorney
    How can a restraining order be lifted. Is anything exempt like my disability checks? Need a lot of info quick!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 12, 2007, 11:15 AM
    A restraining order is a court order preventing someone from doing something.

Did someone garnish your bank account? Did they obtain a judgement against you? Were you aware of that?

The only way you can have the garnishment lifted is if you can prove the judgement was not obtained legally or that all or part of the funds in the account were from income exempt from garnishment.
    crazy-at-this-point Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2007, 01:38 PM
    Did not receive a court order or info from the bank for restraining order to bank account. Need to know if Social Security disability payments are exempt.
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2007, 01:40 PM
    Read this post:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/other-...evy-86065.html
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 12, 2007, 03:18 PM
    YOU won't receive anything from the bank. You can get a copy from the bank if you request it.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 12, 2007, 05:35 PM
    Any money going into a frozen bank account will be froze. They can not garnish directly many types of money, but once they go direct deposit into a bank account, they can be frozen

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wage garnishment AND bank restraining order? [ 6 Answers ]

I've been having wages garnished for quite some time, but in addition, the company doing so is also dipping into my bank account and taking MORE money from there. Is this okay for them to do? It's making it quite difficult to make ends meet!

Restraining order [ 5 Answers ]

I am currentlly with a man who is married but has been separated from his wife for 2 years. He is finally starting divorce proceedings. When he and his wife first separated she took out a restraining order to the effect that I cannot be around their 3 year old daughter. It has been almost 2...

Restraining order [ 3 Answers ]

Can someone get a restraining order based on a threat?

Can a restraining order be filed? [ 4 Answers ]

My husband has an ex girlfriend who is constantly trying to contact him, via Yahoo, myspace, phone, etc. He has told her numerous times to stop but she won't. Now she tries to contact me, threatening me and telling me he's cheating on me, which I know is not true and don't even suspect it. She...

Can I get a restraining order against my parents? [ 5 Answers ]

I am filing for emancipation and I am wondering if I can file a restraining order against my parents so that they can not touch me and hurt me.

View more questions Search