Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Balloons33 Posts: 85, Reputation: 4

Jul 12, 2007, 10:30 AM
    Happiness techniques?
    I know this is probably a lame question, but if there's anyone else out there like me, in times of need it's nice to read some advice.

See, I am feeling really distressed right now, I am at work and I have 6 hours left of my shift. I am generally happy... but today I have a lump in my throat and I feel like crying. I don't know whhy. I want to be happy... does anybody have any happiness-techniques or something that will lift my spirits... a website or anything! Thanks... anything will make my day :)
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2007, 10:41 AM
    Go to some of Talanimans post and read some of his jokes from yesterday. They were quite funny. :)

Jul 12, 2007, 11:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Balloons33
    i know this is probably a lame question, but if there's anyone else out there like me, in times of need it's nice to read some advice.

see, i am feeling really distressed right now, i am at work and i have 6 hours left of my shift. i am generally happy...but today i have a lump in my throat and i feel like crying. i don't know whhy. i want to be happy.... does anybody have any happiness-techniques or something that will lift my spirits...a website or anything!? thanks...anything will make my day :)
    Thanks, I'll check them out!
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Jul 12, 2007, 11:50 AM
    If your dilema isn't too personal... may I ask what's wrong? Help us help you.
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2007, 01:19 PM
    Captain. Sometimes like Balloon, I kind of feel sad for no reason. Sometimes I just chalk it up to changes in the weather from warm to a cool breezy day, or a cloudy day, being away from family, or just hormones. I just put myself in her position and figured maybe that was her problem as well. Nothing to exactly point a finger at or nothing in particular going on. Just kind of lost and lonely for the day. :( But it passes just as quickly as it comes.:)

Jul 12, 2007, 01:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainRich
    If your dilema isn't too personal...may I ask what's wrong? Help us help you.
    I don't really know what is affecting me... the things that are bothering me today normally I don't let bother me so bad, but today I just can't reach that happiness that I know is there somewhere. I just feel numb and careless, it frustrating me. I feel like everyone in the world is lying to me... I know that is me just being CRAZY... but I can't fight that feeling that nobody will ever really expose their true self to me. Honestly, I don't know why I feel like this. Most days I can handle life.

Jul 12, 2007, 01:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bushg
    Captain. Sometimes like Balloon, I kinda of feel sad for no reason. Sometimes I just chalk it up to changes in the weather from warm to a cool breezy day, or a cloudy day, being away from family, or just hormones. I just put myself in her position and figured maybe that was her problem as well. Nothing to exactly point a finger at or nothing in particular going on. Just kinda lost and lonely for the day. :( But it passes just as quickly as it comes.:)
    You're right! I know this feeling will pass, because I deal with this sometimes, but I can't make it go away! Just knwoing that there are people who care to answe a silly question like this makes me feel a bit better though, thanks : )
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2007, 01:34 PM
    I feel the same way too sometimes.
    It's a drag...
    You know what really works for me... LOL
    Kind of sounds dumb, but I make myself laugh.
    I pretend to laugh really hard until I actually end up really laughing.

If I'm in a room full of people (mainly just my family or friends) they all start busting out laughing too... All of us end up laughing at one another laughing...

Crazy, I know:D

Jul 12, 2007, 01:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by AKaeTrue
    I feel the same way too sometimes.
    It's a drag...
    You know what really works for me...LOL
    Kind of sounds dumb, but I make myself laugh.
    I pretend to laugh really hard until I actually end up really laughing.

If I'm in a room full of people (mainly just my family or friends) they all start busting out laughing too... All of us end up laughing at one another laughing...

Crazy, I know:D
    Haha, more like crazy cool! :)
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2007, 01:50 PM
    Akeatrue. Just imagining that scene. Lol all you people standing around laughing over nothing. Priceless!
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Jul 12, 2007, 05:54 PM
    "Total absence of humor renders life impossible." Colette

Jul 19, 2007, 02:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainRich
    "Total absence of humor renders life impossible." Colette
    Nice quote :)
    Marily Posts: 457, Reputation: 51

Jul 20, 2007, 07:18 AM
    Well for me, doing what is right and being there for other people always makes me happy
    Mumu Posts: 35, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2007, 03:59 PM
    Hum, if you want to happy . To prob. There are a lot of ways make you happy.. first visit your family and you friends.. chat with new people.. But for me ;p World of warcraft make me mr happy :D check it out .
    PamelaAnn077 Posts: 19, Reputation: 6

Jul 21, 2007, 11:19 AM
    Maybe it just helps to know that EVERY one of us feels exactly like you're describing, at one time or another. It's a NORMAL feeling! Research shows that human beings do not usually feel "happy" most of the time, but somewhere in between sad and happy. You're not weird, or crazy, or necessarily depressed (unless you feel sad a great deal of the time) to feel as you do... it's just that life has a way of piling up and making you feel off-center sometimes, which, again is perfectly normal. Sometimes (when you're in a mental funk) it helps to enlarge your perspective and take note of the awesome things (animals, people, beauty, etc.) around you. And,, as was said above... to laugh!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Happiness Spell [ 13 Answers ]

Is there a spell for happiness, a spell for forgetting someone? Do they work?

LOVE vs. HAPPINESS. Deciding the relationship? [ 12 Answers ]

I am curious what everyone's thoughts are on LOVE vs. HAPPINESS... I am in love with my fiancé and she means a lot to me... But when does the level of happiness vs the power the love, which wins out? I'm hoping I don't have to make this decision, but it is unfortunately a real possibility. ...

Brainstorming techniques [ 1 Answers ]

How can you narrow your topic to a single spoke or to a sub-header of a spoke on the map?

When will I find Love and happiness? [ 2 Answers ]

I am a 35 year old woman who's one wish is to find love and have a family of her own. I struggle a little with my weight which prevents me from being confident enough to "put myself out there" so to speak. Can you tell me if you see me winning the battle of the bulge this year and/or finding...

Beliefs, values=lonliness & maybe happiness [ 25 Answers ]

Thi post is completely separate of any of my other post. I've come to the conclusion that I maybe spending the rest of my life without a man. It's not that I need a man, I'd want a man, but only a real man and it seems what I consider a real man doesn't exist at all. I can't seem to accept that...

View more questions Search