Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nip0412 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2007, 10:06 AM
    Truckin school for felons
    Im a felon and I've tried every truckin company around my area and they can't help me cause of my felony. If anyone no of any that can train and hire me let me no.I wouldn't have a problem with traveling cause I can get passes too work. So help me
    lookingforsomeanswers Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2007, 04:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nip0412
    Im a felon and ive tried every truckin company around my area and they can't help me cause of my felony. If anyone no of any that can train and hire me let me no.I wouldn't have a problem with traveling cause i can get passes too work. So help me
    Goodwill - PageNotFound

Truckers in Training Find Real-Road Experiences in Cab of Goodwill's Simulator. They have other locations call and ask

Goodwill works with people who face significant barriers to employment, such as histories of substance abuse, felony convictions or homelessness. It offers a combination of paid work experience, classroom training and support services such as vocational counseling. Now, Goodwill is expanding the range of jobs it prepares clients for, focusing on three sectors:

* Retail sales and services. Goodwill thrift stores have long served the dual purpose of training ground for retail jobs and revenue generation. But Goodwill increasingly is preparing workers in its stores for higher-level jobs: store manager, buyer, merchandising. "Retail is the fastest-growing sector in San Francisco," said Alvarez-Rodriguez. "It has career importance."

* Computer recycling and refurbishing. Goodwill is capitalizing on its track record for accepting donations of used goods, with an increased emphasis on used computers and other electronics. The three-county Goodwill recycles 2 million pounds of electronic equipment a year -- about 55,000 units of computers, monitors and television sets. An additional 200,000 pounds of equipment gets refurbished for resale.

Goodwills nationwide, including the local one, are working with Dell Inc. on computer and electronics recycling. Clients disassemble computers into parts that can be sold or recycled, a process in which environmental concerns such as appropriate handling of toxics is paramount, according to Kim Fox, Goodwill director of environmental business.

I
    terrence Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2007, 10:50 AM
    Comment on lookingforsomeanswers's post
    It shows others are in the same situation.
    acw Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2007, 10:07 AM
    We appreciate the effort from Goodwill industries.

Something has to be done by the Federal Government. A law change for felons who need work.

Unless of course... they just want to incourage the business of building jails, more police officers, lawyers, judges, etc

Gee... you don't think that do you??

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Night school for high school-aged people [ 15 Answers ]

I heard about there being night school for high school kids. In fact, I think a friend of a friend went to night school when I was in jr. high. I've searched Google, and can't find any listings or info for night schools in PA. Does anyone know if they exist for high schoolers, and where I could...

Passports for Felons [ 4 Answers ]

Are convicted felons elible for passports in the state of Florida?

Future for felons [ 12 Answers ]

I am in my early 20's and have concerns that my felony for drug possession when I was 18 will come back to haunt me in my pursuit of an engineering career. I was wondering if anyone knew how difficult it is for an engineer to be hired with a felony conviction. Should I choose my college major...

Home school vs. Public school? [ 53 Answers ]

My husband and I have decided to home school our children because we do not feel that the public education systems are very good these days. When we were in public school the teachers spent more time trying to control and disipline the class or individual students then they spent teaching. I also...

Passport for felons [ 2 Answers ]

:) My fiancée and I want to go to mexico for a honeymoon. He is a convicted felon, is their anyway for him to obtain a passport?

View more questions Search