Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Vero22Sanchez Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2007, 08:40 AM
    Which last name is first his or mine?
    I'm about to get married and like most women I want to keep my last name but I also want to have his :D I've asked family and friends and they just confused the heck out of me some say his - mine others say mine-his... my questions is which last name is first?
    NowWhat Posts: 1,634, Reputation: 264
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2007, 08:49 AM
    Yours and then his.
    Vero22Sanchez Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2007, 08:50 AM
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Jul 12, 2007, 08:51 AM
    I would go for whichever sounds better. Normally one way around sounds horrible.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Jul 12, 2007, 08:54 AM
    The wikipedia article may be of interest to you:

Double-barrelled name - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It doesn't mention the order though. I'm not convinced that there is a defined way to do it. Do you have a source, NowWhat?
    NowWhat Posts: 1,634, Reputation: 264
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2007, 08:57 AM
    No, I don't have a source. I think it is just tradition.
    The way I always thought about it was this - your last name came first and then you were given the new name. So it would make sense to use your original last name first with the new name second.
    Does that make any sense at all?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I don't know what to do about this ''friend'' of mine. [ 2 Answers ]

A girl, specifically. We've been friends since last year, and until like a month and a half ago we've been together, we would go out, I would give her advice whenever she had problems with her now ex-bf, hell, we once started to pretend we were boyfriend and girlfriend and did a lot of things...

Her past and mine... [ 14 Answers ]

Now what Im going to write I have cut short to save your eyes hurting apoligies if its still long... I have just turned 20 and basically I am in love for the first time and to be honest this is my first real relationship both physically and mentally, when I was 18 I did something I regret massively...

Not mine [ 5 Answers ]

I found out that the child that she had isn't even mine but I've already signed the birth certificate. We officially haven't gone through with the divorce, how do I go about singing my rights over?

View more questions Search