Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    raystownbuoys Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2007, 03:07 AM
    Ac residential fan motor replace
    I'm trying to replace my fan blower motor on my janitrol ac unit, but I don't know how to re-wire it. The replacement 220 motor has 4 wires instead of 3 like the old. It has an extra brown wire with a white strip, the old one has one red, one black, and one brown that connects to a 3 post round electrical device that might be a capacitor. The new motor came with a two post capacitor. There are other wires that connect to the 3 post item mentioned. Can any one please help
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2007, 06:52 AM
    Put the brn & brn/wht wire on the new cap. Wire the red & blk where they where originally
    acetc Posts: 1,004, Reputation: 79
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2007, 01:02 PM
    Follow instructions from Esquire1, but be sure you hook no other wires to new capacitor, the brown wire connection on the existing duel capacitor will not be used, the new cap. Takes its place. The new motor might have a white wire and a black in place of the red and black. The old capacitor will still be needed for the compressor so leave in place. The new fan motor may need a different rated capacitor then the old motor, so it is a good idea to always replace it when doing a motor, cheap insurance. Mike

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rheem RACB-030JAS residential A/C unit condenser fan motor replaced [ 26 Answers ]

I just replaced the condenser fan motor and it initially spun up then stopped, after 10 minutes it ran again then stopped. Now I can hear it buzz then stop but not spin. The original motor was a GE 5KCP39BG K075CS 1/6 HP 1075 RPM 208/230 V its replacement a Dayton 4M205G 1/4 hp 1075 RPM ...

Replace ceiling fan light [ 2 Answers ]

How to replace hampton ceiling fan light

AC Fan Motor [ 4 Answers ]

What is the difference in the wiring for a 3 speed motor and a 4 speed motor? I'm having trouble with the reconnection of the new motor.

Ceiling fan with light kit on separate switches [ 1 Answers ]

I have recently replaced a ceiling fan with light kit with a newer model. I hooked up the wires from the new fan/light to the same wires in the ceiling box that the old fan was hooked up to. There are two switches on the wall plate, one for the light and one for the fan. When I hooked up the new...

View more questions Search