Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HowardCJ Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2005, 03:19 PM
    Publishing a book
    I'm about 95% complete with my book. I have written it to sell. It's over 72,000 words. What is the best format (Font, size, spacing) to convert my Word document for sending to publishers and book agents.
    Anybody know a good agent?
    LawLover Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2005, 08:49 AM
    I don't know a good agent, but you should go with the basic times new roman font. You want it to look professional, not with comic sans so it looks like a little kid did it. Good luck with your book.
    HowardCJ Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2005, 09:35 AM
    Publishing a book
    Thanks. I have shipped it off to a professional editor. I used Times New Roman 12pt - double spaced. Margin's 1" all the way around.
    LawLover Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2005, 09:37 AM
    Oh, all right, no problem, I'm new, so I thought I'd see what I can do... Ah well, good luck again with the book.
    Eileen G Posts: 1,571, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2011, 05:09 PM
    95% written is nowhere near done. Finish your first draft, then go back and rewrite. Then edit, then polish. Get an objective reader to go over it, and point out holes in the plot, inadequate characterisation, bad English, all the other mistakes you can't see yourself. Then go back and rewrite and edit again.

When you've done this until you are sick of your book, then start querying agents. Find an agent that might be suitable for you and send a query letter. If the agent is interested, send a synopsis, and the first three chapters of your book. If you are asked to send it on paper, then standard format is double spaced, 12p, Times New Roman or similar font. Number each page, start each chapter on a new page, don't staple or bind the pages.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Publishing [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know how to get books published and how much it costs?

Publishing a coloring book [ 3 Answers ]

I am interested in self publishing a coloring book. I am not an artist though. I have many ideas and will have to hire someone to do the graphics. Any suggestions on how to get started. I have searched for info on the web and cannot find anything on how to publish a coloring book. The only...

CSS e-Book [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I am in need of an Advanced CSS e-Book. Any links would help me a lot. Sincere Regards Shaikh M. Zaid.

Publishing [ 5 Answers ]

Does anyone know how to get books published and how much it costs? My wife is writing children's books.

Publishing a book [ 1 Answers ]

How can I get published inexpensively? What are the best publishing companies?

View more questions Search