Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    spaceghost Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2007, 05:59 PM
    Gfi with load switch built in
    I purchased a GFI with a LOAD switch already built in from the factory. It has the normal GFI test button along with a switch to operate say a light for ex. I have 2 wire plus a ground coming in to the box plus the 2 wires from the light on the wall. I forgot to mention the GFI has 2 external wires built in to from the factory. I wired the white and the black to the switch locations on the back of the GFI and hooked up the ground. I have no clue how to wire the Light and what is it I do with the other 2 wires that switch came with.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jul 11, 2007, 06:14 PM
    Take one or the GFI black wires, and connect it to GFI line in, along with the hot wire.
    Now when you turn on switch, other black wire now live, connect to light wire(Hot)
    Then connect white from light to white.
    Think of the switch as totally Isolated from GFI.
    If GFI has Load terminals, Can switch a GFI protected load by hooking load up to GFI load, Load on GFI receptacle, hot, and neutral to that hot ,both need to be Line side or load side.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

GFI Tripping Under Small Load [ 10 Answers ]

Hi All, I have a GFI that keeps tripping under a light load (Treadmill running). It is a 20A circuit. The wiring was done by me. This is the only room that is giving me fits! All grounds are connected securely.

Outside GFI keeps tripping - Dusk to dawn switch [ 1 Answers ]

I have a front yard light pole and the sun sensor broke which the light always stayed on. Finally we had a new sensor installed and now the light doesn't go on. Our outside GFI keeps tripping. Reset button on top which is pushed out and when I push it in the light flicks on but the button pops...

GFI switch [ 2 Answers ]

My GFI switch has poped and will not reset.

GFI trips when fliping switch [ 5 Answers ]

I have an outdoor fountain with a pump that is pluged into a new outlet next to the pump. I connected that outlet to an outdoor switch on the porch so I can turn the punp on and off without going to the fountain. I taped into an existing outdoor outlet on the porch and put the switch next to...

Gfi with switch [ 5 Answers ]

I want to replace my bathroom receptacle with switch (for overhead lite) with a gfi w/switch. My source hot line comes in with a 2 wire line (black/white). The line in the wall has a 3 wire line (black/white/red). What is the proper way to wire the line side of the gfi and the load side? I want the...

View more questions Search