Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ditto28 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2007, 04:53 PM
    Carpenter Ants that will not go away!
    We have been trying to get rid of carpenter ants for 2 months now. Orkin came sprayed a million times.. worked for a week and they would come back. Recently bought Terro bait from Home Depot.. still coming out..
    Any other ideas or suggestions.. I really don't want to move because of ants!
    Thanks so much,
    Ditto28:eek:
    Kstar4u Posts: 255, Reputation: 22

Jul 11, 2007, 05:21 PM
    The best way to get rid of insects that live in nests (social bugs) is to control them with insecticide baits. The problem with most treatments is that the stuff that's used kills the ants too fast. You need something that they can deliver to the rest of the "family" that will treat the masses.

Good luck.
    meask1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2007, 04:56 PM
    I had the same problem before and spent $300.00/yr for Terminex to spray every 3-4 months but they were not able to solve my problem until I found the problemand solution. Make sure the surrounding area of your house is dry and no mulch close to your outside wall. I found out that the ground closed to our wall is lower than my lawn area. So I increased the height of the ground closed to the wall by putting more soil so that water will not accumulate on the sidewall. Then I put an extension to my drainage spout. And lastly, I bought TERMIDOR liquid which I bought in Do It Yourself Pest Control store who gave especial instruction on how to use it such as especial spray bottle for Termidor only.
    RichardBondMan Posts: 832, Reputation: 66

Oct 6, 2007, 05:09 PM
    Be sure to take care of them for good! They can destroy your house almost as bad as termites can. I know, I had both termites and carpenter ants. Luckily my termite bond company got rid of them while they were getting rid of the termites and they paid to rip off and replace a 10 by 20 foot outside wall of my home that not only the termites destroyed but the ants did some damage too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Carpenter Bees [ 2 Answers ]

What canyou get to get rid of carpenter bees?

Name of a Song by Karen Carpenter [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everybody. I am new to this site so am not quite sure what the format is, but I have a question about a song that was sung at the end of a televised film about The Carpenters. It was the last song in the film and it was sung by Karen Carpenter. Some of the words were :- "When my life...

Help With Ants [ 3 Answers ]

We live in a very sandy area and have lots of leaf cutter ants. (I'm not sure that is the correct name) The ants are red and have long spidery legs. They make trails when they are searching for whatever they are going to cut down. You may have a flower bed with beautiful flowers in it today and by...

Apprentice Carpenter [ 1 Answers ]

Im looking into getting an apprenticeship in carpentary but have no idea what it would be like or what I would have to do Like... I get the apprenticeship.. what now? What are my duties, what do I do and who tells me to do it and trains me. By the way if you were wondering I live in Queensland,...

Carpenter bee problem [ 5 Answers ]

The other day I noticed a bumble bee making a hole on the wood right underneath the roof line, and today there is another hole. What can I do to stop them from doing this? What should I do to patch the hole? Please help. :mad:

View more questions Search