Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Serenity77 Posts: 14, Reputation: 0

Jul 11, 2007, 02:13 PM
    Legal Rights for accused
    Can someone please explain something to me.
    If everyone is allowed to have legal representation for an accused criminal offense carrying jailtime, and the judge tells the accused they have the right to a court appointed attorney if they cannot afford one... how can they deny the accused an application for an attorney after arraingment, but before pretrial meeting with the prosecutor? :(
    Legally, those who cannot afford an attorney has the right to have an attorney present DURING the pretrial... so how is this possible?
    ste1234 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2007, 03:01 PM
    One should have the right to seek an attorney before or after their arraignment, a cort of competent jurisdiction cannot ill-afford one from seeking representation.

Jul 11, 2007, 03:07 PM
    That's what I thought :(
    So I need guidance on what should be done next.
    Is there means to get a dismissal if they send the accused in that situation?
    Is there a violation of constitutional rights in this situation?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 12, 2007, 06:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenity77
    ...how can they deny the accused an application for an attorney after arraingment, but before pretrial meeting with the prosecutor?
    Hello again, Serenity:

I don't know how they do much of what they do... But that's not the question. IF they violated the rights of the accused, it puts their conviction in jeopardy. IF you're the accused, tell your lawyer about when you finally get one.

excon

Jul 14, 2007, 09:53 AM
    Update...
    So I got a notice from the mototr vehicle division, and they stated they have reversed my license suspension on "no substantial competent credible edvidence" that the arresting officer has "reasonable grounds" to believe I was under the influence... BUT I still have to go to court for it... will this help me at all? My licens is valid after being suspended for only 5 days!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wrongly accused. [ 3 Answers ]

In school I found a container and I didn't know what it was... then my deans called me down and asked to search me and said the container had cannibis in it and now I'm getting a ticket. I didn't even know what it was. They said it had residue in it. How can I get out of it? Reply asap Thanks

Being accused of theft [ 2 Answers ]

I recently worked in a department store, you are not allowed to buy items during your working shift, so I asked a colleague to get me 3 tops that was in the sale and gave her the cash, She came to my checkout as it was the only one available, I scanned in the sale goods but the original price...

Accused [ 1 Answers ]

I have been falsley accused of stealing. No one seen me do it or no cameras to back it up. All they have is voided transactions and me working. But the voided transactions were not under my name and I'm not the only one who works there? My boss said he will help me but I have to admit it and then...

Being accused [ 1 Answers ]

The police have not come and got a statement yet do I give them one? What do I do? I didn't do what I'm accused of

Falsly accused [ 2 Answers ]

On behalf of my son What can happen if you're going to Crown Court for causing bodily harm to someone and you believe the police are trying to set you up and the accusor is mentally unstable. :( :(. Help!

View more questions Search