Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tkdgal Posts: 51, Reputation: 13

Jul 11, 2007, 09:25 AM
    My Dad is a reckless driver!
    Every time I get into the car with my dad, it scares the heck out of me! He always goes over the speed limit by 10 miles per hour, even in really heavy traffic. He eats food when he drives, and drives when he's tired or stressed, making him almost go off the road all the time. I constantly have to tell him, "Watch out!" or "Dad, pay attention to the road!" when he's fiddling with the radio or something in dangerous conditions. On the freeway, he's the fastest one out there, weaving in and out of traffic like a rollercoaster... sometimes I even scream because we get so close to crashing. He drives like a drunk even though he hasn't been drinking. It's my only way of transportation though because my mom can't drive (she's legally blind) and even though I'm about to receive my driver's permit, my dad doesn't let me drive in certain conditions. I want to drive everywhere though because I feel a lot safer with my own driving, as does my mom. What should I do? This really scares me that I'm putting my life at complete risk every time I get into the car with him!
    Superfly999 Posts: 235, Reputation: 14

Jul 11, 2007, 09:34 AM
    I would sit down and talk to him about it. This is probably the best thing you can do (in my opinion). Tell him of course that you love him but that his driving scares the @#$* out of you. He will just probably laugh it off or say I'm fine or something like that. I would then tell him that you are serious and want him to think about it; tell him that you really don't want to even get in the car with him because you are scared. If he isn't a prideful and ignorant man he will probably give in and try to cool it down. After all you are family and this is what families do, they point out each others faults and try to make each other better while all the while loving and caring for each other. Best of luck.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 11, 2007, 09:37 AM
    I am sure in about 10 years after you have been driving for a while, you may see things differently. He may believe he is doing just fine.

How many tickets, how many accidents has he had over the last 5 years?
    tkdgal Posts: 51, Reputation: 13

Jul 11, 2007, 09:45 AM
    My dad has been is several accidents in the last few years, and gotten countless tickets for speeding. Some of them he has even argued with the policemen over. My mom's dad (my grandpa) refused to get into the car with him also. His driving makes me nauseous and gives me headaches. I don't think telling him to slow down is going to help at all... at least it hasn't any of the previous thousand times I've told him to!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Driver Magic -- Auto Driver Updater [ 1 Answers ]

I bought a software program from Symplis it SymplisIT Corporation - Downloads & Updates I installed program, updated with version 1.1.1 update ---It appeared to install correctly, And update was successfully. The problem is an error message when I launch it... ( ERROR : RUN TIME ERROR...

Driver [ 5 Answers ]

Hi everyone Where I get the drive "vnetbios.vxd" for Win98 Thanks for you help.

Ohio law on a reckless op ticket for doing donauts in empty lot [ 3 Answers ]

I was wondering about a ticket that a Ohio sheriff wrote at 11 pm at night for doing donuts in a private parking lot that the store is empty moved out of building and a reckless op ticket was written on the ticket the persons last name was spelled wrong and it said that the traffic was moderate ...

Cd Rom, Cd driver, Cd writer driver [ 1 Answers ]

I have never had any problems with this before. I used to be able to save data, music, pictures and etc on my cd writer. I tried saving some pictures that I have recently gathered with our new baby and while my wife was pregnant. So I tried everything. The writer does not do anything. Does...

View more questions Search