Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BJ Miller Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2007, 09:09 AM
    Majoelic ceramic vase that leaks water
    I have a ceramic vase that leaks water very slowly. I can tell where the water comes from but I cannot get my hand inside and I wouldn't know what to use to seal it from the inside even if I could get my hand in. Is there a glue or some kind of sealant that I could squirt inside that would dry and provide a seal.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jul 12, 2007, 03:22 AM
    What I would do in this situation, is purchase a gloss spray polyurethane. Make sure that the vase is perfectly clean and dry by washing it by scrubbing with a dish detergent and a wand of some sort that will reach all the way to the bottom, rinse out thoroughly, then dry it with a hair dryer.

Once I was sure that the inside of the vase was perfectly clean and dry, I would then spray the polyurethane into the vase and wiggle it around gently, so that the polyurethane would settle into whatever cracks there are. Then I would wait about eight hours and repeat the process again.

This should solve the problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water leaks when the shower is turned on. [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, Water is beginning to leak from somewhere when we turn the shower on. If we turn the water on just to fill the tub, there is no leaking; only when we turn the shower on. I see no leaking from the faucet behind the wall to about a foot down inside the wall. The grout is all new on the walls and...

Attaching ceramic corner shelf to ceramic tiles [ 3 Answers ]

I want to add a couple of ceramic shelves to my bathroom ceramic tub surround. What can you use to attach ceramic shelves to ceramic tiles? I tried the same glue used to put tiles on the drywall but they just slide. Thanks in advance!

Toilet water inlet leaks [ 4 Answers ]

The 18" brass tubing on the water inlet has a crack right at the angle stop. Big crack, big leak when the valve is open (no leak when the valve is closed). Can this tube be replaced without solder/welding? This home was built 14 years ago (fixture age). I've heard speedball say there should be...

Drain only leaks when water is hot [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I've got a bit of a problem here and I'm wondering if someone has some advice they could give me. I live in the upper unit of a condo that has upper and lower 2 story units. Our downstairs neighbour has noticed that when we shower she has a water leak in her unit. From the testing we've...

View more questions Search