Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alexajoy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2007, 08:26 AM
    Immigrating to Canada
    Hello

Me and my friend are interested immigrating to Canada, or at least living and working there.

She has a British passport but her father is Canadian. I'm Half Australian, half German and have both passports. Can either of us do this? Is there anything either of us can do to increase our chances (outside of marrying a Canadian man ;)

A*
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Jul 11, 2007, 11:50 AM
    Well you just said her father is Canadian, he can sponsor her to move to Canada quite easily, see the link below. In your case it would be harder, you can't really sponsor a friend or acquaintance. Also there is no special consideration given to citizens of comonwealth countries.

In your case you would have to find a Canadian company to hire you and agree to sponsor you for permanent residence based on employment. Start applying to Canadian companies (your best bet is if you have specific qualifications, as in are trained in a specific job) but there is not harm in applying for any job. If they agree to hire you then you can apply for a work permit and are pretty much guaranteed to get it.

Sponsoring Your Family: Eligible Relatives - Who can Apply

Immigrating to Canada: Skilled Workers and Professionals

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to Come canada [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I'm shaili I'm an indian I want to settle in canada I have a US visitor visa can you please guide me that how do I settle in canada with my husband.

Immigrating to the US from Canada [ 4 Answers ]

Hi there, I have a question concerning immigration to the US from Canada. I currently live in British Columbia, Canada and my fiancé lives and works in Ohio. I am planning on moving there this fall and I am unsure of the best route to take. I know there are a few options like via marriage or a job...

Canada [ 1 Answers ]

I was thinking about going to Canada for the weekend for my birthday in Feb., I live in Rochester, NY. I was told that you can enter Canada with a I.D., But in order to come back home into the U.S. I need a passport, is this true???? Please help me!!??!! Thanks so much! :)

Canada [ 1 Answers ]

What two bodies are the canada's legislature divided into

View more questions Search