Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Roland1946 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2007, 12:00 AM
    Calculator and transferation Exceldata
    Can someone give me the code for a calculator for adding different numbers of values.
    For example 3+2+6+14+56+89= next time maybe I want to calculate 45+78+99+12+13+123+1000+6235=

I also like to know how I can automatically choose a value in an Excelsheet and then
    put it automatically in a Textbox

I am a beginner with a little experience.

I use VB6
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Jul 11, 2007, 12:49 AM
    I'm not entirely sure what you are asking. Can you elaborate?
    Roland1946 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2007, 01:38 AM
    Actually from the program iI am just writingFor example I have a pressurevessel with
    100 holes with different diameters.I don't want to make 100 textboxes for that reason
    when I calculate the sum of those diameters
    Next time Maybe I have 50 different diameters and so on

About Excel I want to get the value from a table in an Excelsheet and put it automatically in a textbox in my VB-program.
    For example vertically I have different profiles and horizontally I have different materials
    in my Excelsheet then I want to find the calculation value in the right cell and put it in a textbox in my VB-program

I hope you understand it better now.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Jul 11, 2007, 04:18 AM
    1. Use a listbox so that you can add as many results as you want, when it comes to adding them, take the last item from the listbox and add it to a total variable, then erase that item from the list. Keep doing this until the listbox is empty. You should be able to get the number of items in the listbox through one of the properties (I can't remember the exact property).

2. You can easily do this in VBA, but iif you're using VB6 I don't know how to do it. I would recommend looking at seeing if you can do your application in VBA.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to create a calculator in VB 6.0 [ 11 Answers ]

Hi! I'm Naveen I have a school project. Its 2 create a calculator in VB 6.0 using just basic or easy methods. Help me with the coding. Also I just need a simple coding , not a complex one or my teacher won't accept. Help!!

How to create a calculator in VB 6.0 [ 1 Answers ]

How to create a calculator in VB 6.0

TI-84 Plus Calculator [ 1 Answers ]

This is sort of a math question and it isn't. I just bought this calculator yesterday, and the book that came with it does not tell me how to program the Quadratic formula as well as other equations into this calculator. And someone I know in my class has the same one and told me that this can be...

Assembler Calculator [ 1 Answers ]

I am doing an assembler class and I am supposed to create a program that simulates a calculator using plus, minus and multiply operands no divide. If anyone could help me with this code it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

How to do e-0.05 on a calculator [ 5 Answers ]

Hi there, What are the exact steps I press on a calculator to do the following: - 40e-0.05 I keep getting the wrong answer? Any help is appreciated

View more questions Search