Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    depressedhelp Posts: 91, Reputation: 3

Jul 10, 2007, 06:06 PM
    My mom still thinks I should forget and forgive everything she did WHY?
    My mom and dad got a divorce when I waws 2 years old and she did bad things to my brother and I and she had given away my half brohter Alex I never found out until I was 10 years old... and she just wants me to get over the divorce all she's says is other kids do I don't believe that but why does she want me to forget? :confused:
    depressedhelp Posts: 91, Reputation: 3

Jul 10, 2007, 07:52 PM
    Please if you look at this help me because I need advice.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 10, 2007, 07:57 PM
    Please be patient, the people who may be able to help you may not be online right now.
    Lolitah_xx Posts: 104, Reputation: 5

Jul 10, 2007, 08:02 PM
    Probably because of guilt.. I can't give you a completely honest answer because I don't know your mom but maybe she just wants you to let it go because she don't want to see you hurt but she don't know how to say it to you and she don't know how to say it period && maybe your mom don't know how you feel and the pain your going through because she never been through it before and she shouldn't compare you to other people because everyone is different because my dad left when I was one and I been through alott because my mom is a single parent but my dad don't really matter to me and neither does my half little brother but pay that no mind because that's just me but I know how you feel hurt about it because I go through that too 4rm time to time but you will be OK and maybe you should tell your parents how you feel and help them to understand your point of view
    Eileen2005 Posts: 49, Reputation: 8

Aug 20, 2007, 01:18 PM
    It is not easy to advice you, because I had a loving mom who stayed with my dad although he was hard to live with sometimes. But I always thought, she should not have done that, she should have gotten divorce. She stayed for the sake of her children. Cancer took her away when she was only around 60 and my dad started dating a few months after her death. It was not easy for me to forgive my dad. But I thought of the good things about my dad and thought I should not judge my dad and mom. Now I am married and have a two year old daughter. I just want you to know that when you grow up, when you get married, you will know that some times life is so hard you cannot make the right decision. You cannot be a good person all the time. I know it is not easy for you to forgive your mom, but I am a mom and I know that she loves you. It must have been very hard for her to give away your brother. It must have been very painful. And you hating her hurt her even more. She must have had a tough situation, maybe she cannot explain it to you yet honey. For now, try to be a little bit understandable, try to see the good things she does, and try to give her a little comfort. She is not doing anything bad to you now, is she? When she did those things she has been in a hard situation, she should not have done so, I agree with you, but if she knows she has been wrong and if she is nice now, she probably could not have helped it. If you forgive her, then maybe you can be friends together and she explains more about what happened and may be you will see her point. I do not know your mom, but I know it is very difficult to be a mom. May be you find your brother one day and may be you will all live together happily. Hating her does not make anything better, does it? It is better for your own sake to empty your heart from hatred and forgive her. Think to yourself that you have not been in her shoes so why should you judge her?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I can't forgive my guy. [ 3 Answers ]

A day or two ago, I was looking through my boyfriends email (we have a very open relationship, and have each other's passwords) for an email that I had sent him awhile back. In this process, I came across a bill I didn't recognize. Long story short, I came across a secret email account that was...

How do you forgive infidelity? [ 20 Answers ]

If you were to find out that your partner cheated on you, how would you react to/deal with the infidelity (the hurt, the anger, the betrayal)? And how do you forgive something like that? Is it possible to move on and learn to trust each other again? Or do you give up with no more chances and take a...

I still don't completely forgive him! [ 5 Answers ]

I still not completely forgive him what his done to me. Every time when we have argument I still thinking the pain he gave me before, and I feel so resent him. He told me if I can’t forgive him that our relationship can’t do anymore better and move forward. This will be the end of the relationship....

I can't forgive them [ 8 Answers ]

A while back My girl and I moved in with her mother and step father. They both don't really like me... well actually... they don't like me at all. The only reason they let us move in was because of our son being small and my mom could not afford the heating bill. Anyway, I never felt welcome in...

How do I forgive him? [ 7 Answers ]

My ex-boyfriend told my parents I was gay the night I broke up with him. They had NO clue I was anything but straight. I gave him the excuse that I was gay but really I have had no lesbian experience at all (I am 20). I broke up with him because he has a serious health issue which I now have...

View more questions Search