Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tbly955 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2005, 12:53 PM
    Lawn & Garden
    I just got ripped off by a landscaper. He installed my new lawn. I won't go into major detail about it. I have patchy grass. I know it takes a few years for it to fill out (I think). He left me high and dry. My lawn is full of weeds. Should I use weed & feed at this time of year on a new lawn? I live in Pittsburgh, PA and it's been real humid and hot 80-90 degrees. I don't know what kind of grass was planted, but it looks like several kinds. It's been cut twice since planted. Right now its about 4-5 inches long. I have no clue what to do. I will be doing it myself cause all my money went to the landscaper.
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Jul 9, 2005, 01:18 PM
    Well, yeah you can use it, but it may hurt the other grass in that heat, usually in the fall or spring it should be done.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jul 9, 2005, 02:29 PM
    How much rain have you had? It is hard to get a lawn started unless you have some rain or water. When grass is starting, a light watering every day if it doesn't rain can make a big difference. It is your responsibility to make sure the soil stays moist. Most landscapers use a blend of seeds. There will be some annual rye to provide quick germination and shade for the other seeds. Next to germinate is any perennial rye in the mixture, and then bluegrass or fine fescue.

Go ahead with the weed and feed if it have been over a month since the seed was planted. Just make sure you water before and after applying it if it is dry.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Garden of Eden... [ 1 Answers ]

God returned to the Garden of Eden to see how things were progressing and spots Adam enjoying a bit of sun-bathing. " Hi there Adam - How's things going ?? " " Well Lord it is just great. I've even started giving things names...... That Big yellow thing - I've called the Sun....... and...

Cat dirt in my garden [ 11 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me a proven cure for keeping cats out of my garden, I've tried orange peel, garlic cloves and other than getting a dog don't know what to do next. I don't want to hurt them, just don't want them making my garden smelly.

MTD Garden Tiller [ 1 Answers ]

2005 MTD, 7 hp, garden tiller will not shift out of forward gear. Why?

SLUGS In The Garden. [ 6 Answers ]

We've had slugs eating our garden plants, herbs, and flowers before, but nothing like this year. Tried just about everything from slug bait to hand picking and just can't seem to make a dent in the little slimeballs. If anyone has something that works for them, please let me know. (It has been an...

View more questions Search