Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    spaniel lover Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2007, 02:12 PM
    Is my puppy sick?
    Hi I have a american cocker spaniel puppy. He's a real suck and always seems to be very happy. But I've noticed he's been having darrihea with a tiny bit of blood in it we are going to see a vet but I would like to know soon as possible. I also have one more problem he has a bump right but his penis and it looks kind of like a bug bite but its harder and much bigger if you could help me find out what it is that would be great!

Thank you very much:)
    innocent_101 Posts: 14, Reputation: -2

Jul 17, 2007, 12:18 PM
    Try getting him to eat bread that should help with the darrihea, I think it's a bee sting so you got to get the stinger out of him qiuckly! Also put some mud on him to help with the itching and swelling.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jul 17, 2007, 12:50 PM
    A puppy with bloody diarrhea? Could be parvo. GET HIM TO A VET NOW!
    eoglesby Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Jul 18, 2007, 01:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by spaniel lover
    Hi i have a american cocker spaniel puppy. He's a real suck and always seems to be very happy. But iv noticed hes been having darrihea with a tiny bit of blood in it we are going to see a vet but i would like to kno soon as possible. I also have one more problem he has a bump right but his penis and it looks kinda like a bug bite but its harder and much bigger if you could help me find out what it is that would be great!

Thank you very much:)
    Hi, I had the same problem with my chihuahua when she was a puppy. Bloody diarehea and she had stopped eating. She had coccidia(spelling might be wrong) It is an intestinal thing. She had to take some medicine for it, but was ultimately fine.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jul 18, 2007, 03:01 PM
    Not all diarrhea, bloody or not, is parvo. I have seen too many posts here where a puppy died of parvo. Prompt treatment is their only chance if it is. Please don't delay getting to a vet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Is my puppy sick? [ 7 Answers ]

My 6 week old female doberman is spotting and acts like she needs to urinate.She squats and then moves and repeats this behavior without actually passing any urine.She can urinate but this is a separate behavior. Thank-you for your concern.

Sick puppy [ 3 Answers ]

I am the proud mother (not biologically, of course) of 10 mixed breed puppies. Today, one of them is ill. She is not eating, vomiting, and has loose stool. She will, however, drink water and her gums seem to still be pink. I am very concerned for her and for her 9 siblings. Please help!

Sick puppy [ 2 Answers ]

My puppy is dying! He issn't eating, drinking, peeing, or pooping, but he is throwing up! What should I do?

Sick puppy [ 6 Answers ]

My puppy has a warm nose and is not eating her afternoon meal and has runny poop what can be the cause?

New Puppy Is Sick [ 15 Answers ]

I just adopted a 4 month old Bloodhound- Mastiff mix from the shelter. Picked him up from the vet yesterday. They delayed his neutering because he has an upper respiratory infection. Last night @ 6,I gave him his antibiotic (Baytril). In a few hours,he went from happy go lucky, to laying...

View more questions Search