Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rebecca24 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2007, 01:34 PM
    Supporting father of baby about to be born
    I am almost nine months pregnant and the father is living with me. I have been supporting him for 7 months because he keeps promising to get some income. He does not seem to be trying very hard. He also is verbally abusive and threatens to leave me and never speak to me again if I don't keep paying his bills- including the child support for his 8 year old. Should I give up on him before he even has a chance to be a father to our son, or should I keep giving him chances to turn his life around?:confused:
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2007, 01:47 PM
    Like doctor Phil says, a child would rather come FROM a broken home than be IN a broken home. If I were you, I would make him get out ASAP. There are SO many fish in the sea that can take better care of you and your new baby!
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2007, 01:52 PM
    Gather up everything that he owns and toss that $hit out the window and his sorry A$$ out the door. Let his next girlfriend pay you child support. What a bum!
    rebecca24 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2007, 05:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rankrank55
    Like doctor Phil says, a child would rather come FROM a broken home than be IN a broken home. If I were you, I would make him get out ASAP. There are SO many fish in the sea that can take better care of you and your new baby!
    Can I legally sue for any of the thousands of dollars I've spent on him over the past 7 months? There is nothing in writing, only emails that acknowledge me paying the bills.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 10, 2007, 06:13 PM
    Sorry, if you were living together and you were "giving" him money to pay his bills, sorry it was a gift or just part of paying joint bills.

He can tell the judge you were paying the bills, and say thank you very much, unless there was a promise to pay it all back you can prove in court.

Don't think about getting money back, just worry about kicking him out.

Next he will always be the child's father, that can not be changed.
    ** the reason to be careful who we have sex with, since if you sleep with a bum, you get a bum as a dad to your child.

But you do sue him for child support after the child is born.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can the father on my baby see him if my mom won't let him [ 7 Answers ]

My mom dose not like my boyfriend and I'm having a kid with him can she keep him fron seeing me and our baby? :( :( :(

How do I tell my soon to be baby father he may not be the father? [ 7 Answers ]

Well me and my first daughters father were taking a break from each other and I got pregnant and I'm not too sure if he is the father of my new child or not and I have no idea how to tell him without breaking his heart...

How do I file taxes with dependent wife and new born baby: Advise [ 1 Answers ]

I am from India and am married. My wife is on H4 dependent visa joined me in US on April 14,2006 and gave birth to our son on Jan 29,2007. It looks like I won't be able to claim benefits for my son as he was born on Jan 29, 2007 but wanted to know if there were some benefits of being pregnant...

H1B, with wife on H4 and one new born baby in US [ 3 Answers ]

I was on H1B since 2005 Oct. and got married in the same month, my wife came joining me from China in 2005 Dec and since then we haven't leave the states. My baby was born in 2006 Oct. and is almost 3 month old. Last year when I file 2005 Tax return I applied and received the Tax ID for my wife...

Born in France to an american Father [ 1 Answers ]

I havea friend who's American Father was working for the Secret Service in France when she was born to her French Mother. She has been told she could be deported to France and was brought here in 1962.. she was born in 1961. She has never been to France. IS she considered an american citizen? She...

View more questions Search