Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JCBNLA Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2007, 01:13 PM
    Why Won't Window A/C Cool Room?
    I have a 7-year-old Carrier window air conditioner (6000 BTU) that seems to work okay, yet it doesn't cool my 1,400 cu. ft. room. It produces cold air (though my wife thinks it's not as cold as before), and the last time I used it--about 2 years ago--it could freeze a room. Now it can only slightly cool a room after running for a long time.

To prevent warm air from entering the room, I put towels at the bottoms of doors, and made sure windows are shut tight. No help.

If the problem is the air conditioner itself, and not the room, is the solution to toss it and buy another? Does anyone service these things and would it be worth the cost?
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2007, 02:07 PM
    Probably cheaper to buy new one than to pay a tech to service a 7 yr old unit. However, it is probably dirty and cleaning on the coils (condensing and evaporator) thoroughly could help it to cool well again. Dirty coils will cause unit not to cool properly

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to close all the childwindows(popup window) when closing the parent window [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, all In javascript I need to close all the child windows that I have opened through a parent window Scenario: Here I will be having as many as child window opened and name given to the child window can not be tracked because each will be having a different name, and I am using 70 to...

Wouldn't it be cool [ 1 Answers ]

I was just browsing through GameFaqs, because that is what I do. I saw Pokemon Battle Revolution on the list, and checked it out. It listed in GameFaqs as a "Fantasy > Strategy > Turn Based". My heart immediately went flutter, but when I read the previews was informed that it was just another...

Air conditioning- one room in home does not cool equally [ 5 Answers ]

Our air conditioning unit is located outside, looks like its just a fan, and has two tubes running to it. All air conditioning vents/ ducts are in the ceiling. One room in our home however does not cool anywhere near as well as the rest of the house. This room is located furthest away from the unit...

'cause I'm cool! [ 5 Answers ]

Why do teenagers say 'cause all the time? " Cause it's this.", 'cause I'm cool"

Front room window [ 2 Answers ]

My front room window is one of the old aluminum frame windows from the 1970's. It's in fine shape except for the bottom of the frame on the outside. For some reason the metal strip that runs along the edge of the glass is coming up on one side. Is there a way to fix/replace this without having...

View more questions Search