Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CVigil Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2007, 12:47 PM
    Repairing concrete steps
    How would I fix front porch steps where the slab has broken but under the steps it is empty how would I fill this and not spend too much money? What would I use to support the slab?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jul 10, 2007, 03:08 PM
    If you can get under the stairs you might be able to put a one-inch thick board to use as a base and then support the stair with 4x4's in a vertical position to support the stair. I would use treated lumber for all of this.

Just my thought. Hopefully, others will come along to add their opinions.
    glavine Posts: 895, Reputation: 87

Jul 10, 2007, 06:20 PM
    Your going to have to dig out as much as you can and pour a slab, 4" thick
    And then go to the other side and do the same thing, there may be some areas you just want be able to reach underneath it, depending on how wide they are

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Repairing Lost Friendships [ 2 Answers ]

In the beginning of September of this year, I was in my shop class when I revieved an E-mail from my friends ( now, more like Ex-friend) boyfriend saying to stop talking to her and he said that she said she thinks I'm a creep. I'm not like that, and all of a sudden I couldn't feel my legs, it was...

99 Honda Civic steps when repairing a water pump [ 1 Answers ]

When ever I put water in my radiator it runs out of the water pump on time so I wanted to know the steps for changing one and also if it needs changing or can it be fixed without changing it.

Concrete block steps [ 2 Answers ]

I have contracted a garden firm to build a concrete block wall and curved steps. I don't think they know what they are doing as the blocks are sitting on the dirt and are very narrow. How should they go about this?

Fixing Concrete Steps - Front Porch [ 3 Answers ]

It appears that the front step on my house has settled and dropped about 6 - 8 inches from where it was originally attached to the front of the house. The house is about 20 years old with a slanted front yard and this took place long before we moved in. Originally my plan was to just add another...

View more questions Search