Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kape12 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2007, 10:15 AM
    Co-worker causing problems
    My co-worker on my shift has another supervisor other than my boss because they are engaged. I have no idea why she is angry with me other than she wants all the attention and insecurities with her relationship. It has come back from other workers in the business that she is asking them on everything I am saying and writing it down.

Her supervisor whom is over all of us in our department told us to get along or we will be looking for a new job. So I feel she is trying to get me fired.

What should I do? Go to the head supervisor and report everything that has been told to me? Don't want things to backfire on me. She is 22 yrs old and I am 55 yrs old.

Please help me!!
    beegee1003 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2007, 02:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kape12
    My co-worker on my shift has another supervisor other than my boss because they are engaged. I have no idea why she is angry with me other than she wants all the attention and insecurities with her relationship. It has come back from other workers in the business that she is asking them on everything I am saying and writing it down.

Her supervisor whom is over all of us in our department told us to get along or we will be looking for a new job. So I feel she is trying to get me fired.

What should I do? Go to the head supervisor and report everything that has been told to me? Don't want things to backfire on me. She is 22 yrs old and I am 55 yrs old.

Please help me!!!
    Well, have you tried talking to the co-worker and finding out what her problem is with you? If you are not able to do so then by all means take it to a higher up. If I am understanding it right, she is engaged to your boss. If this is correct, then you can't very well go to him with this issue. This is cause to break the chain of command and go to a higher boss. Good luck
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 10, 2007, 03:02 PM
    If this is causing a problem with your work, report it to your boss and to the Human Resourse department if you are being harassed.

If they are merely asking about you, who cares, let her live in her world and just do your job. Why are you worring about what she thinks, what she does at all.
    Dennis777 Posts: 478, Reputation: 124

Jul 10, 2007, 03:20 PM
    Hello.

You know that 99% of what others tell you is wrong, remember the game we all played in school where the teacher lined you up and told the first person something and in turn each whispered it to the next. By the time it got back to the teacher it was all wrong. That's how work place gossip works.

If her supervisor is very good at knowing how to deal with people he will know she is trying to cause trouble so don't worry.

If you feel like you have to say something talk to her first. Ask her in a nice way if she has a problem with you or your work. If she does then see what can be done to coerect it. If she says there is nothing wrong then tell her if she wants to know something about you just ask you not others.

Good Luck
    Dennis777

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Husband (separated) in India causing problems [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I was married nearly two years ago come this April. I am a american and the marriage took place in India. My issue is that this marriage on his part was his means to come to America. I have not seen him nor spoke verbally to him in over a year. With all letters that he sends the issue is the...

Graphic cards causing problems [ 1 Answers ]

Hello all! I had an Asrock P4i65G motherboard and I just bought a new one (the same). When I connect the monitor (Eizo Flexscan L365) to the integrated graphic card (Intel Extreme graphics 2) , the screen is blurred. I tried adjusting the screen settings with no success. When I connect the AGP...

Water line break causing problems [ 1 Answers ]

This morning I noticed a river of water coming out of my front yard so I called the water company and they came out a replaced the pvc connecting my residence to the water system with brass. Since then I regained adequate pressure in all of my faucets but both of my toilets will not refill when...

New sink causing drain problems, not from clog [ 3 Answers ]

I just had a shop sink installed about six feet away from my kitchen sink. The guy who did it insisted it would work but now the kitchen sink does not drain well at all, nor does the shop sink. Here's the setup. The kitchen sink has a trap and then the pipe goes down almost to the floor and then...

View more questions Search