Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cshope Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2007, 08:54 AM
    Drying in below a raised deck.
    I am looking to dry in below a screened porch that is essentially deck a with a roof. I'd like a watertight, usable room below, and I 'd like to have an upgraded floor covering for the porch, like tile or stamped concrete. Any suggestions on how to proceed?
    glavine Posts: 895, Reputation: 87

Jul 10, 2007, 06:11 PM
    Id say underdecking is what you need , you can look at it on there web site, underdecking.com, or Lowe's or home depot sale it, on special order.
    Even though you have a roof over the porch there will still be blowing rain that comes in that will have to go somewhere, underdecking will take care of that , however if you put sometype of flooring over the decking boards this system will not work, now I may of misuderstood you if the stamped concrete will be on the bottom, if so underdeck is the way to go.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need to replace my deck belt on my troybilt 17hr. 42' deck belt diagram [ 4 Answers ]

I need to replace my deck belt on troybilt 17hr. 42' riding lawnmover. Be nice to have a diagram

Raised Floor for Plumbing in Bathroom [ 2 Answers ]

I am getting ready to pour the slab for a Garage\Guest House. This Guest house consists of a room with a Bathroom and Closet. This question is kind of double sided, Construction and plumbing, so I thought I would be safe and put it into Construction. I hope I am right. To Explain myself before I...

Lease is being raised WAY TOO MUCH [ 20 Answers ]

My boyfriend has been living in his apartment complex in Texas for a year now.The people that had the complex when he got here were always helpful and very nice. Recently they got bought out by Harbor Groups. When my boyfriend asked the Manager for some help since they want to raise his rent by...

Scab on knee is like a large pimple with liquid under and is raised w/o healing norma [ 1 Answers ]

Dear whomever would be kind enough to help: I fell on my knee in September, we neglected to nightly prepp the area with peroxide and antibiotic ointment. We noticed tonight that it is like a 1/2" round pimple raised and a bit hard and my dad feels that it has to be cut off and heal all over. Is...

View more questions Search