Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bekah876 Posts: 445, Reputation: 38

Jul 10, 2007, 08:03 AM
    When to you begin showing?
    I am 6 weeks pregnant but I still don't believe it. This is my first pregnancy. I feel like I am lying when I talk about it or tell others about it. It almost makes me uncomfortable to talk about the pregnancy because I simply don't believe it yet. I think I might be one of those women who don't believe it until I see it. My question is about how far along are women when they begin to show. I know every pregnancy and every woman is different. I just want to know the average... or when did you begin to show with your pregnancy?
    Thanks.
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2007, 08:23 AM
    On average, women start showing anywhere from 12-16 weeks... but even then, some are just smaller. If you are small framed, you may show sooner, also if you have a tilted uterus, it may take longer. I didn't show with my first one until I was nearly 20 weeks. I know it is hard at first, when you are so excited, and then have to wait before really feeling pregnant. But soon, you will feel the little one (maybe even before you start showing) and you will definitely feel pregnant. A good site to check out other people's bellies by week is Pregnancy Photo Calendar: Models week by week
    If you click on the actual picture it will take you to a gallery for that week. If you click on the text, it will give you an idea of what is happening to your body that week. Have fun!! I t is interesting to see how we all grow differently.

Jul 10, 2007, 08:38 AM
    I love that website. It shows women of all different shapes and sizes to give me a better idea of what to expect. Thanks alkalineangel!
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

Jul 10, 2007, 08:59 AM
    With my first I don't think I showed until I was about seven months or so... lol... It was because the baby was small... She only weighed 4.2 at birth... She is healthy at age ten now... lol... and a little turd... I also had preclamsia too and kidney stones but I wouldn't have traded it for the world.
    babieface85 Posts: 332, Reputation: 24

Jul 11, 2007, 06:39 PM
    Many people do not look very pregnant until 7 or 8 months. Of course you can tell many people are pregnant before 7 or 8 months.
    Lolitah_xx Posts: 104, Reputation: 5

Jul 11, 2007, 06:41 PM
    You probably won't start showing till your 2nd month but everyone is different so it just depends on your body type and your genes
    christabell Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2007, 10:46 AM
    I told get what you mean I am still not really believing it but to many signs say have to face it. I have no ideal where to even begin
    crystalbivens Posts: 489, Reputation: 26

Aug 30, 2007, 12:05 PM
    I'm 16 weeks and look and fell like I'm 30 weeks if not more.
    I started to show with my first around 14 weeks but I was very tiny then with my second around the same time but this one I was showing at 8 weeks.

Aug 30, 2007, 02:53 PM
    I am finally starting to show a little bit. But I just look fat and not really pregnant. I am now 13 1/2 weeks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Don't know where to begin [ 4 Answers ]

I am five almost six months pregnant. I dated a 22 yr old military guy for three months found out I was pregnant and we broke things off. However he promised he would be a father to the child until he got back together with his ex. He wanted to give me money monthly and not go through court because...

I need help and where do I begin [ 2 Answers ]

My case involved a divorce cash settlement in 1991 in which my ex refused to comply with the judgement and in 2005 became an estate matter. I hired an attorney who said his legal fees would come directly from his estate and filed a motion stating the same. In may the case was settled and my...

How do you begin a class-action lawsuit? [ 1 Answers ]

Am doing business with a company that I have suddenly discovered is providing false information in their marketing and in their manuals and int the customers ervice and I am not alone in how much time and $ this company has cost me and my business. I never would have had the problems with the...

Where do I begin ; ) [ 6 Answers ]

I am a 35 year old female. I am 5'2 and 200lbs (I know I am overweight) On August 1, 2002 I had a grand mal seizure while on a break at work. ( I am an exec. Assistant). I was taken by ambulance to the local hospital where I spent a few weeks have one seizure after another. They ran a...

How Do I Begin? [ 17 Answers ]

Hi, I have a question for anyone that could help me through this. I was asked to build a website for a growing company because I have previous experience in school building them, and friends with the owner of the company but in the past I have only used geocities for my own personal sites, and have...

View more questions Search