Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    A.J.R Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2005, 09:46 AM
    Am I going crazy??
    OK, I'm 25 and just last yr I was diagnosed w/diabetes. My dr. told me of all the right foods I need to eat and what wrong foods I need to stay away from. I honestly have to say that some sugar-free items are good but you really can't compare a sugar-free cookie to an oreo. Well, my boyfriend thinks that I have lost weight too drastic and he thinks that since I can't get the foods that I used I get too moody. He also thinks that because I'm losing so much weight that I'm letting it all go to my head. Shouldn't he just be happy for me. I'm 5'11" used to weigh 350lbs and are down to about 280 now and still counting. :confused:
    ranieri Posts: 136, Reputation: 13

Jul 8, 2005, 03:26 PM
    Ajr
    Thank god you discovered what was ailing you and received medical attention. That is so great. And you're losing weight too! That is so awesome
    You are entitled to have a fat head, you are on your way to being healthy. And moody, that is a lot of changes between the weight and medication and before you probably reaaly felt near death.
    If he is not happy for your new lease on life than something is wrong.
    It's a relatioship not a competition and he should be so happy for you. What might have your fate been otherwise? Peace ranieri
    kate2 Posts: 14, Reputation: 3

Oct 22, 2007, 12:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by A.J.R
    ok, i'm 25 and just last yr i was diagnosed w/diabetes. my dr. told me of all the right foods i need to eat and what wrong foods i need to stay away from. i honestly have to say that some sugar-free items are good but you really can't compare a sugar-free cookie to an oreo. well, my boyfriend thinks that i have lost weight too drastic and he thinks that since i can't get the foods that i used i get too moody. he also thinks that b/c i'm losing so much weight that i'm letting it all go to my head. shouldn't he just be happy for me. i'm 5'11" used to weigh 350lbs and are down to about 280 now and still counting. :confused:
    I am predesposed to diabetes because it runs in my family and I had high birth-weight babies so to ward off the diagnosis I started Atkins for Type 2 Diabetes and I have lost weight and look so much better, your man is just getting uncompfortable with the idea that you are becoming more and more attractive to other men and he is being incredibly selfish for telling you that it is going to your head. You have been diagnosed with a horrible disease and if he can not support you in your efforts to maintain your health and prevent the symptoms he does not have your best interest at heart, your health is your life and your life should be the most precious thing to him. Check out Atkins.com for some great treats so that you can curb cravings and any mood related binges. Good luck, your awesome.
    kate2
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Oct 23, 2007, 10:50 AM
    Kate is right. There are many guys in this world that prefer heavier women because they are insecure with themselves and when their woman loses weight they feel they lost control and take the easy way out and leave.
    This lady has a bunch of cookbooks for diabetics and she is suppose to have some really good tasting desserts

Dawn Hall Cook Books - Busy People's Cooking™

I also know some things that can help balance your sugar that help some diabetics but you have to monitor your sugar more closely cause they will cause less of a need for the insulin
    juliade Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2007, 02:42 AM
    How can I improve my vertical jump in basketball?
    I am 5ft9'

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Please help, I'm going crazy! [ 3 Answers ]

I don't remember a lot so there is prob no hope in me finding the answer! It was a cartoon I use to watch when I was a kid... I think it was a movie perhaps.. either way it was an animation. I grew up mid 80s to 90s seeing it so it would be from around that time, maybe a little earlier even. ...

They Think I am crazy! [ 3 Answers ]

Everyone I ask thinks I am nuts. I remember a movie called don't be afraid of the dark, maybe from the 70's-or even earlier. About these little deamons who try to drag people to the death down a fireplace that was once briked up. Is this a movie?:eek:

Do you think I'm crazy? [ 5 Answers ]

Now this is how my story goes I've known this guy for a year now and we've been friends,very close friends ever since but last November we started getting real close I thot it waz 4 good maybe we culd date but it never happened we talk till d early hrs of the mornin and go to d same college still I...

Help! Going crazy! [ 56 Answers ]

undefined Hi. I need someone to talk to because I feel like I'm going crazy! My boyfriend broke up with me 2 days ago and all I want to do is just curl up in a ball and sleep. My eyes are so sore and red from crying that I can't even touch them to wipe my tears away anymore. Anyway, we were...

View more questions Search