Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dbasile Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2007, 06:56 PM
    Pool Liner Coming Off Coping In Small Area
    I have an in ground (32X16 Rectangular) pool and noticed that there is an area about 6 to eight inches of the liner that detached from the coping in the shallow side. The pool is only five years old and I was wondering if I could fix it myself. The liner has a slot in it that slides over a rail in the coping. Any help would be appreciated!
    madbadgers Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2007, 05:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dbasile
    I have an in ground (32X16 Rectangular) pool and noticed that there is an area about 6 to eight inches of the liner that detached from the coping in the shallow side. The pool is only five years old and I was wondering if I could fix it myself. The liner has a slot in it that slides over a rail in the coping. Any help would be appreciated!
    I have been told that this is a normal occurrence. As the liner ages, it shrinks and comes out the coping. Take a hair dryer ( Being very careful around water) and warm or heat the area that has come out. The liner gets very elastic and can be stretched back and hooked into the coping. Don't worry about ripping the liner; but do not overheat. I have had to do this several times.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Coping Around Inground Pool [ 1 Answers ]

Hi... we had an inground pool installed last summer with the intention of Having brick coping installed this year. We've changed out mind and have Decided we would rather go with a white coping and concrete around the Pool. My question: can an aluminum coping be installed now even though it ...

In round pool liner beading and coping [ 1 Answers ]

I uncovered my in ground pool to find the liner beading has come away from the pool wall groove in several spots around the pool. Is there a way to repair this ? Thanks

Inground pool coping [ 2 Answers ]

I recently had my vinyl liner replaced on my inground swimming pool. I have bull nose coping, (this was not changed), and I am noticing that it is separating from the concrete deck in quite a few places (about 3/4 inch). I also notice that where the pieces of coping connect to each other there are...

Install New Pool Liner-Above Ground Pool [ 1 Answers ]

We are going to install a new liner in an above ground pool this weekend. I have read conflicting information as to when the skimmer and jet holes should be cut. Do you fill the pool with water within a foot of the skimmer, attach the trim kit and then cut out the liner? I don't know what to do,...

Inground pool liner and coping [ 1 Answers ]

Hi my name is JAMIE I live in LEWISTON MAINE and new to havivg a pool The coping is pulling away from the pool wall and in one place the coping has snaped the screwheads off that holds the coping to the poolcan anyone help me on this??

View more questions Search