Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    morgan40 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2005, 07:04 PM
    problem going to secure page
    I am running windows xp with service pack 2
    I am running Microsoft antispyware,norton,2004
    I have my firewall turned off because I have direcway internet and I go through a router to my computer ,

Problem is every time I go to a secure page it says this page is not available and the page goes blank,I have looked at my inscryption and it is 128 ,I have tried resetting my security settings in internet options with no luck .I have disabled my norton and Microsoft antispyware and tried to get the secure page to open with no luck.I have reset my security to default values with no luck.
    I used my sisters computer and I can get in everything so the problem is with my computer.I have checked for viruses so I can rule that out .Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Thank You
    J Morgan

Jul 9, 2005, 10:24 PM
    A good pplace to start for this problem
    http://www.duxcw.com/faq/win/xp/secure.htm
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2005, 04:48 AM
    Security settings
    Hi,
    When you tried changing your security settings, did you:
    For the Internet icon under Security, change it to Medium?
    For the Restricted sites icon under Security, change it also to Medium?
    Best wishes,
    fredg

Jul 10, 2005, 09:01 AM
    Secure page
    As of yet I still cannot get to a secure page,

I used system restore to take it back a month and restarted with no luck.

I try to reset my security level to medium in restricted sites BUT every time I go back and check it it is on high so there is something stopping me or something is resetting it to high,I have no idea what is resetting it ,I have numerous hijacker programs so I'm sure nothing is redirecting me.I do not have norton firewall just a file scanner.
    Thanks for the help
    J .Morgan

Jul 11, 2005, 11:48 AM
    Problem fixed
    Well I was about to put in another hard drive and install windows on it and I thought I would try system restore one more time,so instead of one month,I took it back three months and when I restarted everything was in working order.
    Thanks For all the help.
    J .Morgan :D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Secure site problem after running adaware/spybot [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 6month old computer that has been bombarded with spyware. I run adaware and spybot on a regular basis (daily! ). I think in my frustration, I inadvertently removed something that allows me to access secure sites from this computer. I am able to access the same sites on another computer...

How secure are you - A MUST READ [ 5 Answers ]

Ok so it's a bit on the long side, but well worth reading. http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/11/11/av_workshop/ Just remember "surf safe" Have a good day. Its well worth running some of the online stuff the article mentions especially the Symantec Security stuff.

Home Page Problem [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I can`t change my home page in internet options, where it says " you can change which page to use for your homepage" the links are grey and not clickable? Any advice anybody, thanks Mike.

Building a secure site [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I need some advice on the best way to go about building a web site which has products you can buy and take credit card payments online. I don't want to use encryption - I would like to be able to use the one with the padlock symbol. Is there any software out there that will help me build...

View more questions Search