Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Deanix Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2007, 03:18 PM
    Colon cleanser
    I have heard colon cleanser helps cleaning up the body and losing weight,if so which one is the best?
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jul 9, 2007, 04:51 PM
    My opinion is if you eat right and drink plenty of water this is not needed. Doctors will tell you that laxatives are not good for you. I do not think something that will strip everything form your colon would be healthy for you. While it may not kill you, I think it would be quite uncomfortable.
    Deanix Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2007, 11:23 PM
    Thank you so much ,hmm I never thought of it.. I guess sometimes we just want to take the short kart.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Jul 10, 2007, 12:15 AM
    You mean shortcut?

Cleaning out your bowels will make you lose weight, but won't make you look thinner, or healthier. All it does it clean out the gunk in your colon, doesn't make you less fat or whatever. You shouldn't use it to lose weight, that's a completely misinformed decision.

It probably harms all the bacteria you have in there that work to break down all the nutrients too. So as bushg says, it's not needed if you look after yourself anyway.
    Cinnabar Posts: 113, Reputation: 5

Jul 10, 2007, 09:45 AM
    All of those colon cleansing or detox products that you see are scams. There is no reason to do anything like this outside of your doctor's care and for a medical reason.
    hayabusakid Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2007, 02:56 PM
    Water and fruit will probably do you as much good and will actually help you lose weight

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What cleanser and moisturizer is best for oily skin? [ 15 Answers ]

Hello to all, I am using acne aid cleansing bar and I can say, it is effective in cleaning my face but after an hour my face returned to oily condition. I have heard that dermatologist discouraged people to use acne aid bar because it aggrevate acne on face. How true is it? I am also using st....

Colon clensing products [ 2 Answers ]

I wanted to know if there are any risks associated with a new supplements I have discovered and am interested in trying, does not require a prescription, nor has it been FDA tested. It is called Colonix (actually I have found several of these "colon cleansing products) they show pictures of what...

My Mom had part of colon removed [ 1 Answers ]

Today my 81 year old Mom (who is 1900 miles away from me) had 14" of infected colon removed. She has been sick for almost 2 months. They did a 'temporary' ostomy, and now she is septic and in ICU (low blood pressure). I have looked at WEBMD, and cannot find the answers I need. What can we expect?...

Anyone know of a good cleanser for acne? [ 2 Answers ]

Yes I'm one of those who has tried this and that including prescription lotions, creams, yada yada yada. I'm looking for something for sensitive skin, a facial wash to be specific Thanks

Do Pore Cleanser with Mist work?. [ 1 Answers ]

Do the Pore Cleanser with Mist work?. do it remove white head from the nose? And other areas?. please if you know can you please let me know! Or if you know of anything that can remove white heads from the nose can you let me know! Thanks!! :)

View more questions Search