Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lee2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2007, 02:07 PM
    Great Grandfather
    MY GGrandfather is shown in Scioto CO, OH from 1830 through 1860 (Census) After that his wife is shown as a widow. There is no indication that he died in the Civil War, where can I go from here to try to find his parents?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jul 10, 2007, 03:43 AM
    Check locality sites for the area he was in in 1830... like usgenweb, usgenweb archives, the genealogical society of that state and county, etc...

Check the Rootsweb World tree too, to see if anyone else has your line documented. And Check the sticky on this board for some other stuff to try.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My uncle and grandfather [ 5 Answers ]

Last year in July my uncle passed away, and now I can't seem to stop thinking about what he must have been thinking. He was out on the crab boat and fell off, he didn't know how to swim and all I can think about now is what he must of saw, looking up at the boat it makes me want to cry. He was only...

Mother has died and now Grandfather is wanting us out [ 1 Answers ]

My mother died recently and her and my grandfather are one the deed. Well at my mothers funeral he informed me and my husband that he wanted us out in 60 days. So after a couple days I said that I would not be able to pay rent save money and keep the bills running. I just found out today that he...

Have I been in touch with my great grandfather? [ 3 Answers ]

I've been doing genealogical research on my family tree since my father died in 1980, but have hit snag after snag in my search due to family members not passing information down to the next generation, fires that destroyed important written information, etc. I recently, however, was able to...

View more questions Search