Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DaveR-11k Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2005, 02:28 PM
    Gas Dryer runs cool
    I have a Whirlpool ModLGC7848DQO gas dryer that was working fine until the door sense switch actuator broke off. I took the dryer apart, find the piece of metal I needed to replace and installed the replacement. While I had the dryer all apart, I sweeped out all the lint. After putting the dryer back together, it seemed to work, but something is wrong as the dryer only heats a little, and it takes a over 2 hours to dry a load. No mater what temperature setting I select, the clothes only get warm. It there a safety interlock that I need to replace or adjust that thinks the gas is not flaming so it shuts off prematurely?
    Flickit Posts: 278, Reputation: 2

Jul 7, 2005, 03:27 PM
    Check the area where...
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveR-11k
    I have a Whirlpool ModLGC7848DQO gas dryer that was working fine until the door sense switch actuator broke off. I took the dryer apart, find the piece of metal I needed to replace and installed the replacement. While I had the dryer all apart, I sweeped out all the lint. After putting the dryer back together, it seemed to work, but something is wrong as the dryer only heats a little, and it takes a over 2 hours to dry a load. No mater what temperature setting I select, the clothes only get warm. It there a safety interlock that I need to replace or adjust that thinks the gas is not flaming so it shuts off prematurely?
    ... you cleaned the lint for loose electrical connections or a broken heating element. Is the gas being ignited? Easy to see through the swing door on the front panel. There may also be a sensor nearby the igniter element that you may have smudged and cannot 'see' that the igniter is working (assuming it is) and will not allow the gas valve to open. The igniter is serpentine (snake) in shape and will be in the long tube near the gas orifice... check it carefully for cracks. It is brittle and will break easily... no igniter, no heat.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jul 7, 2005, 05:22 PM
    Go back and carefully check for wires you may have knocked loose. Makes sure they are all firmly seated as well as any plugs. If that doesn't help, see if it has a schematic inside somewhere or on the back. Try to follow it identifying which sensors should be open or closed. Check the gas burner carefully. It or the air intake could have gotten plugged up with something you knocked loose. Since you are getting some heat, the ignitor is working.

It is entirely too easy to cause one problem while fixing another.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore Dryer - heats & runs but stops mid-cycle [ 12 Answers ]

I have been trying to figure out what exactly is up with our Kenmore dryer. We bought it new in 1997 and it has run like a champ till now. It still heats up and the drum still tumbles. In the regular drying cycle - you set the timer for 60 minutes and about 15 minutes into the cycle, the dryer...

Maytag dryer runs too hot [ 5 Answers ]

Maytag dryer runs too hot. Does not seem to go to cool down cycle even on Perm Press setting. Where can I find an electrical schematic?

HELP, it's not cool in here [ 1 Answers ]

Woke this morning to a half way cool home. Heard the central air conditioner shut off and all of a sudden I hear this clanging noise from the furnace. HELP:eek:

Inside fan runs, outside fan runs, but air is not cold [ 8 Answers ]

The inside fan runs and runs, the outside fan on the compressor runs and runs, but only hot air comes out. I sprayed the outside compressor coils with the garden hose to clean them and checked the inside filter. Is there something else I could check? Thanks

Kenmore dryer runs but does not heat [ 3 Answers ]

My Kenmore dryer just stopped heating but it runs. The model number no is 110.62994101. I need help on how to fix it. If possible with diagram on How to change any part.

View more questions Search