Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    er1979 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2007, 10:51 AM
    Giving up rights
    The mother of my child has been very unfair with me, my question is if I relinquish my rights from my son, do I still pay support?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 9, 2007, 10:55 AM
    If you had spent the time you took typing this question browsing through this forum you would have had your answer.

You can relinquish parental rights, but not responsibility. You would still be responsible for child support.
    Michelle0410 Posts: 62, Reputation: 12

Jul 9, 2007, 11:29 AM
    Quit being so selfish, its about the baby not whether you have to pay child support!!
    tacramer Posts: 23, Reputation: 3

Jul 9, 2007, 11:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by er1979
    The mother of my child has been very unfair with me, my question is if I relinquish my rights from my son, do I still pay support?
    Depends on the "rights" you give up...

Don't confuse rights and reponsibilities... you may still be responsible for supporting a child even after you have a right to visitation, right to communicate, or a right to be involved..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Giving up his rights? [ 12 Answers ]

If my ex husband wants to give up his rights to my daughter does someone have to be there to take over his rights or not?? He has not been in her life at all and she is only 18 months old. He wants to give up his rights but not to my soon to be husband unless he has to, so I am trying to find out...

Giving up parental rights [ 3 Answers ]

My husband wants to give up parental rights to a child he has never seen or spoken to. The child is about 14 yrs old and he pays child support, however he does not even know the mother,or if the child is his it was a one night stand. Can he do this? If he needs to get a DNA test how does he go...

Giving up Parentle rights [ 2 Answers ]

My wife and I adopted Her nephew 12 years ago, he lived with us for Nine years. This adoption has split up the family by putting my wife's sister, and Nieces against each other. We let him move with his sister in North Carolina Because he was out of control in New York, he's been in the south...

Giving up parental rights [ 3 Answers ]

My husband has a child with a woman prior to us getting married. He was not made aware of the child until the child was almost a year old. He has a court order to pay child support for this child. He has only seen the child the one time we went to get the paternity test. We do not know where...

Giving up parental rights [ 1 Answers ]

Hi my girlfriend has a little girl by another man. But he has not seen the baby or tried to help and he knows about her me and my girlfriend are getting married in April I want to adopt the baby and change her last name to mine its been alomost a yr since she was born and no contatc from the...

View more questions Search